cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time dis aggregation frm Quarter to Month using APODPDANT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to achieve something like this.

The Data view has past 12 months in months and 4 quarters in future. (2011 M01,2011 M02......2011 M12 and 2012 Q1,2012 Q2...2012 Q4)

KF 1 has values in 12 monthly buckets in History.(Say 2011)

KF 2 has values in 4 Quarters in Future (Say 2012)

In msdp_admin i tied up APODPDANT to KF2 (Used P and K respectively for structural and time based)

In MC8V i used KF1 as basis to calculate proportions from 01.01.2011 to 31.12.2011 and in Periodicity i gave M and copied proportions to 01.01.2012 to 31.12.2012.

Now for testing i put some sample values in 12 buckets in KF1 (simple values such that the sum of three months forms a 100 in Quarter Eg: 20 30 50, 25 25 50, 40 30 30 etc)

i calculated proportional factors after entering 100,100,100,100 in four quarter buckets of KF2.

When i dis aggregate the Quarters to months what i am expecting is the same ratio which is defined in KF1 (20 30 50, 25 25 50....etc) but i am getting 31 31 38 in all monthly buckets of 2012 and sometimes 33 33 33

Can someone point me out where i need to start looking to fix this.

Really appreciate your help.

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai, first one basic good practice regarding APODPDANT (if you are not following already)

Have APODPDANT in some view so that you can check that the values are coming correctly.

You calculated the proportional factors in KF2 AFTER entering values in quarterly buckets of KF2.

Proportional factors should exist BEFORE value is entered in KF2, else do a re-disaggregation again through macro, or try changing the values of KF2 now, and it would follow the proportional factors.

Ideally, I think teh complete sequence for you should be:

1) Enter values for months of 2011 in KF1

2) Calculate APODPDANT for 2012 based on monthly 2011 values of KF1

3) Either enter quarterly values manually in KF2 (in some view having quarters), or do some calculations to get the quarterly values of KF2

4) Check for monthly values of KF2 in a different planning view having months in future, you should see properly disaggregated values

If this doesn't work, please let us know.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the replies.

I tried all these options without fruitful results before posting this thread. Thanks to sdn i was able to get lot of useful information from people like.

I am starting to wonder if that is SAP glitch because last night i gave up on this and got a result finally (thanks to sdn GUEST) someone replied in a similar situation to copy past KF into future buckets of another dummy KF (i named it Proportions).

With that keeping in mind i avoided the MC8V path because i was not able to get the desired result.

So instead i used another KF and tied that up in msdp_admin and got the results finally!!

If anyone has time to test this scenario and confirm it would help the sap apo community or else for me, for now the msdp_admin path (direct KF assignment) is the winner!!

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Since the KF1 does not have any values in the future, the proportional factor calculated would be 0 only. So, in the future, it won't dis aggregate your KF2 values. If you enter some values in the past for KF2, when there are values for KF1, then it will dis aggregate KF2 as KF1.

You can display the proportional values calculated, by including APODPDANT key figure in your data view.

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.