cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNIX Script Not running - Sender File Comm Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have written a script to split a large file into smaller files . It works great when I log into the server via putty, and run it from the command prompt .

However, when I run it from the Sender File Channel "Run OS command before/after processing", nothing happens . I put in some code to write a log file after every line , but it never gets generated if I run the channel , so im assuming its never called by PI .

However, the channel monitoring says "Success" for "Execute OS command "/home/Int001/Inbound/File_Split.sh" . So if it is successfully called, how come i dont get my expected results?

1. What is the credentials used by PI to run scripts ?

2. Does PI need some special permissions to run the script ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pi theorically use <sid>adm user to run OS scripts.

Log with this user (using putty) and try to execute the same script (with the same command line that you use in PI Channel)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

So it looks like Im going to have to reset the <sid>adm user ,since no one seems to have it . If I do reset it , where do I need to go and put in the new password to make sure nothing fails since we now have a new password ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannd,

To change Password for Sap System User, you can follow this help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/aa/1dc94af0fa11d3a6510000e835363f/content.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Johannd

Shell scripts in cc will be executed in PI server, not in ftp server.

If you want to split a file of your target ftp server, you must execute remote shell from PI server to target ftp server.

Regards,

Carme

Former Member
0 Kudos

usually if you turn the executable bit ON - that should be enough for the PI communication channel to initiate the unix script.

Try -> chmod a+x <filename>

Mustafa