cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface time planning and external workforce planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello forum, hello experts

I'm trying to implement the time planning and workforce planning in a plant engineering company. At the moment they do a lot of workforce planning in a very simple way. The most of it on the construction site. They use MS project for the time planning and update an excel-file for the workforce planning. But I think that the workforce planning in SAP isn't the right approach for this company, because it's to complex and would lead only to confusion.

My idea now would be to make the time planning in SAP but find a way / a concept to update the excel file. Not automatically but with some logic or process flow.

So, somebody had already made some experience with a similar situation?

I'm thankful for any support I get

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas how I could proceed with this?

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I workforce planning is very dynamic, I think by using excel we may not able to update the data effectively. In my view if you feel that SAP is'nt the right choice. Then suggest your client to go for some third party workforce planning tools.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried MRS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

thank you for the answer. I know that it would be difficult to update the Excel effectively. But I have to search a solution as an additional software would hardly be approved. So, any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pal

thank you very much for the answer.

I know MRS but I don't know how much effort in costs and labour would be to implement it. And I'm afraid that such a solution out of the standard SAP would not be authorized. Any other ideas?

Best regards