cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Solution with contents of Project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I need to update my solution in Prod solution manager system.

I have to copy Business Scenarios and processes from an Existing Maintenance Project onto Solution in Solution Manager in order to update the solution.

,please let me know how it could be done and also,and are there any pre requisite steps for it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the quick response.I am new to solman so asking a few doubts below.

.Do we copy from txn Solar01->"solution"->Business Scenario->(Right side)select Structure , select source as Project and add?

.I see that i am unable to"add/delete" in above path, is it dependant on something..like Maintaince cycle,or any "Check -in Checkpot of existing process".

.If I copy, does it also copy the "general docuements,test scripts, transactions,graphics etc.. linked to business processes"

thanks

Sonal

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

tcode solman_workcenter .....Below is the step by step guide with screenshots

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000414472011E

hope problem is solved

regards

prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the link,I executed as per document in Dev system and it copied contents using a Job, log shown below.

Step 001 started (program RPSCP_PROJECT2SOLUTION_BATCH, variant &0000000000000, user ID 20039431)      00
Folder group 000001585690000 created                                                                SOLAR_DOC
Information for solution LONMIN_TESTSOL was found                                                     DSMOP
The generic attributes were replaced                                                              SOLAR_VAL_EN

I need to use this solution from tcode solman_directory and "

enable business process check-in /check -out functionality".

So I want to know

.are there any Pre/post steps to be taken care

.Do we need to delete anything(logical comp/existing business process..etc) from solution,before copying.

.Does It copy everything from project,or any specific has to be copied/removed to aviod duplicate

.I could find one from below document ,,do we perform this step.

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000910652011E

2.10 Procedures for Solution Documentation page.17

Content copy from Project into Solution: It is recommended to use the work center to copy the business processes from the rollout project into the solution. Once the content is copied, all documents will turn into u201CCopy ofu2026u201D and will get initial document status. To fix this, you can use the BAdI interface IF_EX_SOLAR_DOCUMENTS. All other objects will be copied from the project into the solution directly (together with structure and document attributes). If necessary, the logical components can be replaced by those representing the maintenance landscape.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I did the steps as given in document link, but it is creating a Duplicate Entry of Solution as a Copy of the Project selected,whereas the original solution remains as it is.

i.e If i have a solution named "TestSol" and if i make a copy from a maintenance project and select solution as "TestSol" it runs the jobs SOLAR_SUBSTRUCT_DELETE, and PSCP_P2S_<proj name>_<solution name> and creates a new solution "TestSol" with the details of maintenance project.

So now I am having 2 solutions with same names, is it possible to run a copy on existing solution and update it with Project detials.

regards

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also ,

we want to enable checkin- checkout business process from Solman_directory for this solution,so we r performing this copy.

Already we are using all solution monitoring activites like. EWA, BPM,System admin, System Monitoring etc..

So now if we copy the Maintanence project into this solution,then does the it affect any of above,or in some way?

also do we need to delete the Business scenario Names from Structure tab in this solution from tcode Solman_directory ...in order to get the structure of Project .or Does this copy overwrites everything?

Regards

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

I believe that there is no prerequisite to be made. You'll just need to in the solution, select as source the project and add the scenarios of the project into the solution structure.

kind regards, Fabricius