cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC bundling number of idocs in one message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using IDOC bundling where I have one message with around 33,000 idocs inbound to PI. Can i break the number of idocs per message so that I can have 5,000 idocs in each message. Is there a paremeter that needs to be changed create a recordset of 5,000 idocs per message or less?

Also Can I do IDOC packaging when sending the above 33,000 IDOCs to SAP ?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDoc packaging not possible at receiver side, but you need restrict at sender level to split the message.

Best practices point of view sending below 4k IDocs to SAP would be right idea because SAP also suggested the same.

if you send more IDocs say 10k in one shot it create burden on SAP server .

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

My connectivity is JDBC - PI - SAP.

I execute a stored procedure to pick up line items and do graphical mapping to conver to IDOCS. According to you the best way is to pick less line items at a time and conver to IDOCs?

Can i do IDOC packaging at sender side in my scneario though i am already doing IDOC bundling?

Thanks,

Teresa

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ask data base team to write a logic to pull 1000 records a time from data base, so SAP PI will create 1000 IDocs.

in this case i don't think you will face any problem,hoping that you have build stable mapping logic.

You can do IDoc packaging in SAP System level very much possible,search in sdn many docs available on the same.

Answers (0)