cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trusted Connection Problem while creating a project in MDM WD Confg.Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have the Netweaver instance (CE7.2) and MDM instance (MDM7.1SP07) installed in the same machine.

In our current scenario we are trying to create a projects in the MDM WD Configuration Manager for displaying the MDM records.

Things Done:-

1) Created allow.ip file and added the IP address of the server and also added the IP address of the Local Host (127.0.0.1).

2) Same user exists in the Netweaver and as well as in the MDM repository with same case.

3) Created a necessary MDM Destination.

4) After adding the entry in the allow.ip file, i have restarted the MDM server too.

Now when i create a project in the Config. Manager, after selecting the MDM destination i get a Trusted Connection error.

Cannot retrieve language list from repository [null] on server [null]. UserConnectionException: Can not connect with UserSessionContext to repository 'Inbox' on the server 'ctsinsapnw7'., Can not connect with UserSessionContext to repository 'Inbox' on the server 10.239.31.178'., Can not resolve JCA connection. Cause exception: Connection Failed: Cannot create JCA connection. Cause exception: Failed to create trusted connection to MDM server '10.239.31.178' for user 'mdmuser' because server is not defined as trusted, error code: ConnectionNotTrusted, com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: The connection is not trusted

Is there anything to be done. Any help on resolving this will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Prasanna Kumar R Y

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure of below things...

1. Location of allow.ip file.

Default location is exe folder where your MDM server executable are available.

2. If not using default location,

Then check the entry of 'TrustedFiles Dir" property in mds.ini file.

3. Is server stops completely?

Its very important to restart the server.

Sometime console may show that the server is stopped but server might be running.

If possible please check whether server stopped, using Console on different machines.

4. Check the log of MDM server while starting and stopping the MDM server.

Please pest the log messages in this thread to help you better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. The issue is fixed now. The problem was due to a duplicate mds.ini file.

Regards,

Prasanna Kumar R Y

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have indeed added the server ip in the allow.ip file as i have mentioned in my above post. Both MDM Instance and the Netweaver Instance are in the same server machine. Is this the cause for the problem ?

Abishek,

The link you provided is for creating a trusted connection using MDM Javai APIs. I want to create trusted from the Netweaver Instance with out write codes using Java APIs.

Regards,

Prasanna Kumar R Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

[Trusted Connection Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/5e/87ba37c9134ad586ccebc558aa5e8c/content.htm]

Check the above links

This link asks to make certain entries in the mds.ini file for creating trusted connection.

Regards,

Abhishek

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

put your server ip in the allow.ip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For Trusted Connections, please check the below link

Regards,

Abhishek