cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before creating the PO reserve the budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Presently once the PO is created with WBS element , SAP is calculating commitments I.e. Budget is reserved for that PO.

Is there any way before creating PO to reserve the budget for that particular PO.

The reason for this is , there are few depts to create PO. For dept A approval came to create POs out side SAP on Dec 1st saying that create POs on Dec 15th. Before Dec 15th Dept B has created and consumed more budget in SAP for their POs. Now when Dept A is tried to create the POs they are getting error that budget has exceeded.

To reserve the budget on Dec 1st it self for Deapt A is there any way . (liked could a fictive PO be done and then be replaced by the real PO)

Thanks&regds

Ramachandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way to achieve this is to maintain seperate budgets for both the departments i.e. create 2 WBS's, one for Dept A and the other for Dept B. Assign seperate budgets for both these departments.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply........

To understand i mentioned Dept A and Dept B but in real there are no deparments. The clinet is saying that On Dec 1 for certain People approval came to create PO in future date (Dec 15) . Before that other users are using allocated budget. To avoid this problem for the users who got approval on Dec Ist , Is there any way to reserve the budget for them in SAP with the same WBS element and with in the one budget.

Thanks &regds

Ramachadra

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We clearly understood your issue. That is reason i suggested proper planning. You are saying that X has raised PO and commiment date is 15th dec. In meantime Y has used allocated budget. What I mean by proper planning is , If you can plan what is the budget required by X and Y . Then you allocate a budget X+Y . Then you won't any issue. Or else give them separate WBS for both X,Y. So, that they can manage their own budget.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is not easy to separate the WBS elements between the two types of people you may have, you should have them create a purchase requisition as soon as they receive the approval. Then, create a requisition release/approval process in MM so that the PO cannot be created until the project manager releases the PR (ME54).

Document the complete process.

Best Regards,

Muralidhar Lanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Allocate Budget directly to Dept A and Dept B. Otherwise Create Purchase requisition under each WBS, Budget will be assigned for PRs.

AE SAP

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think proper planning will solve your issue.If they can't plan properly , then you got give separate budget for both the dept's. That means create a WBS for each dept and manage the budget.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramachandra,

May be create a Purchase Req on Dec 1st,commitments are created for that purchase req.so if additional PO or Purchse reqs are created,system will give errors.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Rau