SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI for PIQST00 - Change in classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to trigger an update to CRM whenever there is change in classification of student from PIQST00 --> Registration --> Change in Registration --> Updating classification.

We have tried with following BADI , but it was not successful :

1) HRPIQ00REG0010

2) HRPIQ00REG0160

3) HRPIQ00REG0090

Could some one provide wih input for enhancing PIQST00 when change in classification

Regards,

Jigar Oza.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you are on EHP4 (are you?) you should consider to use post processing (BRF) for this task.

Search for the Student Lifecycle Management Business Rule Framework Cookbook (for Post Processing) on the SAP SDN Higher Ed page <https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/bpx-highered>. You have to activate Post Processing as Busines function set in the Switch Framework and then switch it on in customizing before you can use it.

In BRF you find events for registration an reregistration (see event 0PROGREREG, activity RK02) and some example actions to trigger.

There exists also an example action to send a registration/reregistration to XI via function module hriq_brf_registration_out which may be useful to look at.

Regards,

Dirk

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you are on EHP4 (are you?) you should consider to use post processing (BRF) for this task.

Search for the Student Lifecycle Management Business Rule Framework Cookbook (for Post Processing) on the SAP SDN Higher Ed page <https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/bpx-highered>. You have to activate Post Processing as Busines function set in the Switch Framework and then switch it on in customizing before you can use it.

In BRF you find events for registration an reregistration (see event 0PROGREREG, activity RK02) and some example actions to trigger.

There exists also an example action to send a registration/reregistration to XI via function module hriq_brf_registration_out which may be useful to look at.

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jigar,

As you can read in Badi documentation, These badis don't support process RK02(change sessional Registration). I will suggest you to use BRF. I do know other way to do this.

If you don't mind can you share Business Reason for this. This is first time i am hearing such requirement that's the reason i am asking.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

the reason for update is :

In CRM z-tables we are maintaining the total number of seats available with regards to program & classification. When student is admitted first time he register for certain program and classification , once student admission is confirmed the total number of available seat in CRM z-tables is reduced by 1.

Now student has option to request for change of classification, if seats are available. Thus if requested is accpeted for classification change the seats have to be increased by 1 in CRM.

For better understanding I can explain with example. Suppose student takes an admission for BSc IT course. In Ztables of CRM once student admission is confirmed total number of seats available is reduced by 1. Now student want to change from BSc IT to BSc Electronic. College will transfer to new in SLcM now this should increase total seats available in CRM for BSc IT and reduce 1 seat for BSc Electronic. In SLcM BSc Electronic / IT are configured as classification

Regards,

Jigar Oza

0 Kudos

Jigar,

Do you know why you guys are not using functionality/process change of program? if you use change of program than you can handle this in those BADI it self. Ideally you should declare BSc IT/ electronic as program or BSc as program and IT/ electronics as specialization.

In general everybody uses classification for fee calculation. For example if it is student's first registration you can set it to first registration use that value to charge/calculate first time fee (i.e campus re-creation fees, security deposits etc).

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

I am not sure why they are using classification for this scenario and i think it wont be possible to change now since client has been using this scenario from past 6months.

Can you suggest some alternative or any other to meet this requirement?

Regards,

Jigar Oza

0 Kudos

Jigar,

The best way to handle this scenario is Post-processing framework(BRF).

Regards,

Prabhat Singh

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Jigar,

As Prabhat and Dirk already mentioned please use the BRF as a tool to support your requirements and process demands. In the following cookbook (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/highered?rid=/webcontent/uuid/d036a468-4e55-2a10-b3a0-8eb0cfe0342a) you can see that you can use two different events for both your admission requirement (0ADMISSION) and change of program requirement (0PROGCHANGE). You can attach a FM, Badi and/or workflow to the specific process (with your defined context).

Good luck

Rob

0 Kudos

Dear sir,

I am using the piqst00 change of program functionality, i want to update ztable in crm as per program change.please help me on this which badi i suppose to use.

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the BRF as a tool to support your requirements and process demands (make sure you are on Ehp4). In the following cookbook (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/highered?rid=/webcontent/uuid/d036a468-4e55-2a10-b3a0-8eb0cfe0342a) you can see that you can use two different events for both your admission requirement (0ADMISSION) and change of program requirement (0PROGCHANGE). You can attach a FM, Badi and/or workflow to the specific process (with your defined context).

As an alternative you could check the following Badi: HRPIQ00REG0012

Br

Rob