cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro image not found: The requested resource does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm experiencing a strange Poltergeist, so I would like to cry out the issue and hope any kind sould could help me

In my WebDynpro application, I show a JPG picture which is located in the own project, that means in "src/mimes/Components/metromadrid.net.formacion.Cursos". The image appears correctly in my Development environment, but when the activity is moved to the Consolidation System (I'm using JDI), the image doesn't appear. If I try to access it directly, via URL, the messagen shown is "404 Not found: The requested resource does not exist.." (the URL accessed is http://hostname:port/webdynpro/resources/metromadrid.es/formacionapp/Components/metromadrid.net.form...

The point is that in the same Consolidation environment I have already some applications with images, which are found and loaded without any problem.

I have checked if the image appears in the corresponding active repository and everything seems alright (I mean I can see the file there).

Any idea? It would be really appreciated, since my time to solve the problem expires in few days...

Thank you very much in advance!!

Isidro Lopez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Isidro,

your mime files were most probably not added to your NWDI activities when developing your Web Dynpro DC. This means when adding these mime files to the src/mimes/<comp package>.<Comp name> folder the Web Dynpro Tools have most probably not detected the new mime files. When testing your application on in your local development environment all images appear as they exist on your local file system. As missing mimes do not cause a CBS build failure you won't encounter a designtime error.

Please check whether the corresponding mimes are listed as 'local only' (house symbol) in your DTR perspective. In case they are listed as 'local only' you must explicitly add them to an activity.

I have also encountered this missing mime problem before but I have not started any investigation to really determine the reason for it.

Best regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertram,

Unfortunately, the images were not only added correctly to an activity (I repeated it several times), but I also verified that after being "transported" to the Consolidation system and next to the Production environment, I could see them in the cons active workspace (DTR).

But thank you anyway for you answer.

I finally used a servlet to have the image accesible from my WD application.

Regards,

Isidro

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Isidro,

no, why using a servlet. Images must be displayed in a deployed Web Dynpro DC.

Do you bind the image URL property statically to the image file name or do you bind it to context attribute ImageURL, this means do you calculate the image URL by utilizing the Web Dynpro URL generator service WDURLGenerator? In this case the image URL might be mis-calculated based on wrong custom code.

Regards, Bertram