Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

The scenario is proxy to file scenario

SAP ECC -> PI -> FTP server

My requirement is after teh interface mapping in PI the file should be placed the FTP server outside teh customer network.

But teh file should be passed through the proxy server before placing on teh FTP server.

I configured receiver FTP communication channel with all teh FTP server details but there is no option to configure teh proxy server in teh channel.

Can you please suggest any options to send the files through teh proxy server to teh 3rd party FTP server or is tehre any workaround for this.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are details of Proxy server file system available with you? Who handles this proxy server? If it is handled by customer, PI should only be responsible for posting the file to Proxy server. Onwards communciation should be customer responsibility. Else, you can write a script (nothing to do with PI) to copy the file from proxy server to customer's FTP server.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is not supported. In such cases ideally you will look to push the file to a internal shared area of your organization and the network team generally might host solution to push these files to external n/w

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabharish,

Can I use the following methods to send files to Suppliers outside teh customer firewall.

Option1

Send the Files to a directory in SAP PI sever, then write a Unix script to push the files via proxy server to teh Suppliers FTP srever.

Use the Unix script in the option Run operating system command After message Processing.

Option2

Send the files to internal FTP server within firewall, then use teh Unix script to push the files via poxy server to teh files Suppliers FTP srever

Option 3

Send the files to FTP server on DMZ (which is located outide teh firewall) and allow the Supplier to access and pick teh files from teh FTP sever on DMZ.

Can you please confirm if this is possible in PI.Please reply asap.

Thanks,

Jay.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All three option are feasible but remember that this needs to be discussed with the security team since whenever dealing with external networks there are potential security impacts. So my suggestion is to involve your network/security team to finalize the option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabharish

Thanks for the reply.

Option 1,

I think we cannot configure the proxy server in FTP communication channel . this feature is not supported in PI.So do you think we should definitely write a Unix script to send the file from PI using proxy server to external FTP server.

If yes, can you please provide the links to write teh Unixscript.

Also if the file can be transferred without using proxy server to external FTP server , which FTP port should be opened on firewall. Is this 21.

If teh file has to be transferred using sFTP , should we open the 22 port on teh firewall?

If teh file has to be transferred using FTPS what configuration should be on PI side and Supplier..Any certificates should be installed?

Can you please explain. Please reply asap.

Thanks,

Jay.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

For SFTP we use port 115 (generally), for FTP port is 21.

>>If teh file has to be transferred using FTPS what configuration should be on PI side and Supplier..Any certificates should be installed?

u have to upload the FTP server certificate under NWA....

go to http://<server>:<port>/nwa

under Configuration Management -> Security -> Certificates and Keys -> TrustedCAs -> Import entry--> select x.509 certificate

/people/aniket.tare/blog/2005/03/22/ssl-certificate-installation-procedure-for-sap-j2ee-engine-630-150-steps-in-visual-administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Fro sFTP file transfer,since the current file adapter does not support the SFTP protocol should we use the Seeburger adapter.

Also if we do not use teh Seeburger adapter, can I configure teh file adapter such that I will place teh file in a PI directory and write a SFTP Unix script to transfer the file to 3rd party FTP server via the proxy server.

What is the configuartion required on teh 3rd party FTP server for SFTP transfer.

I think we should also maintain teh public and private keys for teh SFTP transmisssion.

Also u said that port 115 should be opened on firewall for SFTP transfer.Does it mean teh fiel will be transferred through teh port 115 on teh proxy server .

let me put in this way...if the port 115 is opened on firewall then the file will not go through teh proxy server instead it goes through teh port 115 on firewall...

For FTPS tranfer which ports should be opened on the firewall

can you please clarify...

Thanks,

Jay

Edited by: j r saithala on Feb 1, 2012 12:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

We arrived at a solution to build the adapter such the file will be sent to 3rd party server via the proxy server.

I was asked implement the FTP client class to connect to FTP server using teh parameters in teh communication channel by creating teh ejb module.

Is this possible..

Please help in this issue.

Thanks,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabhrish,

We came to know that PI 7.0 does not support the configuration of proxy server in FTP communication channel.

Only PI 7.3 has this feature of configuring FTP proxy server host,port in the file adapter.

Can we customise the File adapter in PI 7.0 by developing the ejb module to add the parameters Proxy server,host,port to the File adapter GUI.

Is this possible...

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR READ RULES OF ENGAGEMENT>

Thanks,

Jay

Edited by: Prateek Raj Srivastava on Feb 1, 2012 10:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

Forwarding to proxy FTP server is not possible.

Regards

Ramesh