Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update BSEG table?

0 Kudos

Hello ALL.

I need to change field AUFNR from BSEG, update BSEG directly is not advisible, my question is...

Is there any BAPI or function module to update BSEG table? Or even other techniques?

We are working with ECC 5.0.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use LSMW or BDC for FB09 or use "BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST"

Hope this helps!

Reetesh

former_member213437
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Since BSEG is a cluster table we can not update, it is a combination of BSID and BSAD and some other tables.if you modify these tables then those modifications will reflects in BSEG table also.

With Regards,

Murthy

0 Kudos

Since BSEG is a cluster table we can not update, it is a combination of BSID and BSAD and some other tables.if you modify these tables then those modifications will reflects in BSEG table also.

What??!!

Do not directly modify any of these tables.

Since AUFNR is financially relevant, I don't think you can change it. You should reverse and then repost with the correct value.

Rob

0 Kudos

Yes, ROB you are correct,

If Business requires these type of modifications are mandatory sometimes and

in my case modification means modifying table through BDC or BAPI not with the update command.

With Warm Rgards,

Murthy

0 Kudos

My point was that directly modifying BSID and/or BSAD will not have the changes automatically reflected in BSEG.

Rob

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This field should (must ?) not be changed, AUFNR is part of the coding block, and is copied into controling as well as special purpose ledger and thus is not (by default) in the list of available field for FB02/FB09 transaction.

FIrst, read [Note 827413 - FI: Changeability of fields in FI documents|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/827413] and perform some tests in a sandbox (navigate from FI document to CO document)

If the field cannot be changer you have to reverse and re-post the FI documents.

Regards,

Raymond