cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcing DB Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have following system landscape with Distributed installation with single DB Server for both QAS and PRD.

DB : Oracle 11.2

QAS SERVER : C01 (CE7.1 EHP1 SCS,CI) & SOURCING7.0

PRD SERVER : C02 (CE7.1 EHP1 SCS,CI) & SOURCING7.0

DB SERVER (Oracle 11g) : DB instance of C01

SOURCING DB for QAS

DB Instance of C02

SOURCING DB for PRD

Now Our OS Team, planned to move the QAS DB (DB instance of C01 & SOURCING DB of QAS) to new Server (Separate Hardware box).

Please let me know the best possible ways to migrate the DB instance to new Hardware.

Regards

Ponnusamy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

If I understand correctly, you would like to move the QA DB to another server. Iu2019m assuming QA Sourcing is on its own schema. Using Oracleu2019s standard export and import capabilities, you should be able to do the migration. Your DBA should be able to assist you with this.

Once the DB is imported into the new server, you would have to run the configure utility in Sourcing and select the u201CUpdate Database Connection Infou201D option. This would allow you to enter the new DB connection information so when the application starts it can connect to the new DB server.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the answer. Yes Sourcing is in different DB schema,

DB teams can export and import the schema in new server and I can run the configure file again with new server details and deploy new sca files.

Can you give me the steps to point my CE7.1 to new DB server. Since its distributed installation, I want my SCS & PAS to point to the New DB Server(Database instance).

Regards

Ponnusamy