cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound File Sequence Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement and request your expertise.

PI will need to pick up a file from FTP server and would be passed on to SAP via idoc. We have a unique requirement where the SAP would need to check whether the previous file is processed or not by PI.

How can PI make sure whether the previous file has been processed without using BPM. Also if the logic can be handled in SAP, it will be still good.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krish,

Are you maitaining some kind of sequence number?

Do you want to achieve sequencial processing of file?

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

When PI picks up the file, It would be a fixed file name and the file generation number would be present only inside the file. So during mapping I can pass through the File Generation number to SAP and check whether the previous file has already been processed or not.

I assume this is possible.

Also since these are existing interfaces at SAP level, i need to re-implement using custom idocs or rfc's since proxies are not support on r/3 4.7.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Shabz suggestion really best one to, take help from ABAP team to create a function module in SAP, using RFC look-up

insert file name in to tables and get response back true or false.

RFC logic is it should check all input with available previous processed file names.

or

you can implement the same logic in SAP ECC level , but you shuld process IDoc/RFC using back ground program and pass file name to any of the field in IDoc/RFC.

Background program should check against SAP Table before processing the IDoc/RFC,

Regards,

Raj

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Multiple options;

1. Stored the file names in a DB table or ABAP table and whenever you receive a new file use a lookup to check if the file name exist of not and then proceed with sending the date to SAP or else take corrective actions

2. When ever you send the IDoc to SAP, send the file name also in a field. SAP then need to store that file name in a table. The duplicate check validation will then happen in SAP itself

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krish,

The easy way to identify whether the previous file is processed is to keep the Quality of Service to " Exactly once in order".

If the previous file fails to process then the remaining will be stuck in queue and due to failure of the previous message it generates alert.

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you're working with PI 7.3 please refer this...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c0718e90-93c9-2e10-528f-f4fdf2505092

Else....have you gone through this...

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/DifferentwaystokeepyourInterfacefromprocessingduplicate+files

Regards,

Priyanka