cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP adapter Using XI 3.0 error: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the scenario to send a message to proxy via SOAP adapter . My PI server is 7.3 and my BI application server also 7.3. I have created service interface in the ESR and created the ABAP proxy in the Application server. Im using the receiver SOAP adapter with message protocol as XI 3.0. Am running this scenario in the central adapter engine. (That is i didnt create integrated configuration). I am facing the issue in the receiver SOAP channel as 'invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML: 401 Unauthorized'. But i can able to login into the URL which is given in the channel using the username and password used in the channel.

Can you please let me know if any addtional settings need to be done in PI side.

Regards,

Ramalakshmi.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think it will work unless you use the integrated configuration. XI 3.0 protocol in SOAP adapter is meant for java only communication as far as I know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have done my scenario with the integration configuration. Still i am facing the same issue " SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized". I have given the correct URL, username and password. Is this enough to connect to the receiver integration server from AE. Any settings need to be do in the receiver ABAP system and PI system. If so please share the corressponding note for the same. What should be the role is assigned to the userid given in the channel.

I have used sproxy to create the proxy in the receiver ABAP system. In PI i am using the SOAP adapter with XI 3.0 ,message protocol to call to this proxy. I have not done any settings in any of the servers. Do i need to do any settings.

Regards,

Ramalakshmi.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your URL is good, but looking like may be your SOAP XML content is wrong what XI sent.

Kindly please look into your mapping once again and check your source XML message and your target XML message with their occurences.

Thank you,

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to ABAP proxy using my SOAP receiver adapter. This is the new functionality available in the PI 7.11 onwards. My server version is PI 7.3. Thats y i am trying to use the functionality of the SOAP adapter with XI 3.0 protocol to connect to ABAP proxy in the receiver side. But i am getting this issue. Can we implement this functionality without integrated configuration. Bec Integrated configuration run on AAE. Im using multimapping in our scenario. So i could not go for Integrated configuration. Can you please let me know is it possible to connect to ABAP proxy using SOAP adapter with XI 3.0 message protocol with normal configuation scenario.

Regards,

Ramalakshmi.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SOAP: TEXT/HTML: 401 Unauthorized

please refer belo blog,

please go through below blog they clearly explained steps,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

regards,

ganesh.