cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment Return confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Process 1 : If the customer needs to return an item which was already billed, it should take "consignment return process", document type KR.

Process 2 : If the customer needs to return an item which is not billed yet, it should take "consignment pick-up process", document type KA.

Question

1. Why do I have to do delivery and "goods issue" on both processes?

2. Is it mandatory to do pick-up process after the return process? I have read an online article that says, you need to do pick-up after the return process.

3. Is it possible to do pick-up process alone? I mean without return process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laksh,

If the goods (in perfect condition) is to be returned by the customer, and you will need to do "process return" and "process pick-up", why do you have to do goods receipt on each process? I am wondering why. Please help me to understand. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anwar,

1. In consignment return and pic up are different processes.

In consignment return the goods which have been sold to final end customer will be returned to consignee due to not only damage but also various reasons. Once you do this in MB58 the stock return stock will be shown.(Now the return stock is with consignee)

Now this stock has to be transferred to plant with the process of consignment pic-up.

2. If transportation has been configured for consignment process then goods will be transported via VT0n.

To know more about shipment please find this link.

Hope it will help

Let me know if you have any further clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you people. Now it is more clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When doing consignment pick-up, do you need to do shipment transaaction (VT01)?

What should be the configuration when shipping back for consignment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anwer,

If the transportation is configured you can do shipment through T.code VT01.

Coming to consignment pick up and returns,here in pick up we do PGI for tacking the goods back to our storage location where

the pickup good will kept at unrestricted use and the inventory goes up.

Consignment returns we do PGI with movement type the good will be kept at returns (customer consignment)

Regards

Ram

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In consignment return, there is no need to do return delivery. It is only the Business who have to take a decision whether to bring those rejected goods back to their factory or not. On the other hand, for Consignment pick up, yes we have to bring back the goods back to the parent plant and hence, return delivery have to be created.

G. Lakshmipathi

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes its posible ,

pick up only based on fillup billing document refernce only u will crete.

no need returns,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

If customer returns an item which is already billed we should give Credit memo to the consignee.

If customer return an item which is not billed there is no Billing/accounting.

1. Why do I have to do delivery and "goods return" on both processes?

In this both processes we have to take back the materials to our place.

2. Is it mandatory to do pick-up process after the return process?

Yes. Those materials are not in good quality so we have to take back.

NO.

Correct me if i am wrong

Thanks

Dasaradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Process 1 : If the customer needs to return an item which was already billed, it should take "consignment return process", document type KR.

Process 2 : If the customer needs to return an item which is not billed yet, it should take "consignment pick-up process", document type KA.

Answers:

1. Why do I have to do delivery and "goods issue" on both processes?

*Consignment Return Process: u do return delivery and goods receipt ( not goods issue). Because initially the stock is not moved to customer name but it is moved only to consignment stock. But after u do consignment issue the owner got transferred. At this stage for consignment return u have to to consignment return delivery and goods receipt.*

Consignment Return Process: Only delivery but no goods issue

2. Is it mandatory to do pick-up process after the return process? I have read an online article that says, you need to do pick-up after the return process.

Not necessary but in case if u need to return the goods back to the unrestricted stock.

Yes, u can do. Both are entirely different process.

Edited by: Manimaran.K on Dec 14, 2011 9:01 AM