cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we change billing doc without cancelling( excise invoice is subsequent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Here is a urgent issue

One Excise invoice has been created with reference to a billing document

and we have not maintained tax code in that condition records so it is not allowing to release the doc for accounting entries

now my requirement is without cancelling the excise invoice and also not to do transaction J1ih,( to create excise JV for direct GL entries

i want to change the billing document

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check by doing this.

Excise duty values in the excise invoices are copied from Total Conditions such as JEXT and JCET. Please check if these values are correct in the billing (VF02).

If they are correct thne maintain proper condition records in VK11, the update pricing in VF02 and try release the document to Accounting.

No Need to use J1IH.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: nashpalle9 on Dec 14, 2011 9:48 AM

Edited by: nashpalle9 on Dec 14, 2011 9:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

in pricing conditions i am able to see the tax conditions ZBED, ZECE, ZHEC

and manual changes are not allowed in VF02

Former Member
0 Kudos

In development server i am able to do that

manually update the price in VF02

because proo is in grey mode and it is not getting updated

but in production proo is not in grey mode, its value is also changing n showing as missing if i maintain manually proo then ZBED is not getting updated

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
have not maintained tax code in that condition records

While it is not necessary to reverse the excise invoice, the fact is that since tax code was not flowing in billing document, I am sure, excise duty would also not be flowing, in which case, your excise invoice is also generated for wrong value.

I would be surprised if you say that excise values are flowing in billing document and also in excise invoice and if your issue is only tax, then as already suggested, maintain a condition record (with the date in line with pricing date in billing document) and try.

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dont think that is possible.

Because even if you maintain Tax Code in Condition Records now, it will not be picked in already created Invoices.

You will have to cancell the Invoice & Excise Document & create new Documents after maintian correct Condition Records with Tax Codes.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

without cancelling the invoice i want to change it

if i cancel it then it will be more head ache from the gov

how to do that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharan's suggestion will work try this.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. I dont think it is possible without cancelling.

At my previous client site, they were cancelling Excise Invoices in unavoidable circumstances. There was no such problem from Government. Incase of query by Excise Dept. you only need to explain why was a particular Excise Invoice Cancelled.

I understand this is not a recomended practice, but in your case, the Tax Code will not flow in Invoice, unless Tax Code is mentioned in Condition Records before creation of Sales Documents.

Hope this clarifies,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta