cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field KONDA of Table VBKD is not populated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For one of my enhancements I was using VBKD-KONDA field, which is the field for pricing conditions. Now I can see that for some Sales orders the KONDA field is blank but for some the field is populated. I went into one of the SO for which this field was blank and changed the entry and saved it, immediately the KONDA seemed to get updated. Can anyone please let me know the reason for this behaviour please. Kindly note that the Sales order and the item was already there in the VBKD table but some fields like KONDA and INcoterms were not populated.

Thanks

Shamik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shamik,

KONDA - Price group this will come to sale order from the customer master,as per my understanding in your customer master

there are few customer's maintained by Price group and few were not maintained,because of this reason the field remain blank

in sale order as well as table VBKD - KONDA.

Maintain Price group in customer master sales area under sales tab.

Check and revert

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Ram, Raghu,

Yes you are correct, the customer master is not populated for the field KONDA. But I have a doubt here, when I go check in the SO in VA03 transaction, I see this field is updated but not in the customer master records and subsequently no value is there in the VBKD either, but when I change the field in SO to some other value and save immediately the VBKD is updated with this field but the customer master records are obviously not. So my question is that if I change this field in the SO will it trigger a change in the VBKD automatically? Kindly help as I am just starting out in BW-SD implementations and don't have much idea for these fields.

Thanks a lot for your previous answers, they helped me find the root cause.

Thanks

Shamik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shamik,

If you maintain Price group at sales order that will effect only that particular order only,for that particular order and customer the

VBKD - KONDA will update.If the KNVV - KONDA maintained that will automatically comes into VBKD - KONDA.

Standard solution for this is you have to maintain price group for the customers at customer master sales area data sales tab.

You can do this by T.code MASS here you can select your customers and update the field at one shot.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I am also populating another field INCOTERMS 2 from the same table VBKD. Now when I check all the entries for any SO in this table, I find that there is an entry for all items and additionally there is an item with POSNR field blank. And for all the items the INCOTERMS 2 field seems to be populated from the customer master records but the one with POSNR = Blank the value is populated from the SO itself, so I am guessing this comes from the Sales Order Header records? So If I am required to only read the value of the field from the header,I can look up VBKD using the SO number and the POSNR = Space? Can you please let me know if I am correct?

Thanks

Shamik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

INCO2 Data also come from customer master sales area under billing documents tab here you give incoterms EX:CFR besides

that you give location (Hyderabad) this is the data of INCO2, so maintain data here that will come to VBKD - INCO2.

POSNR is nothing but sale order line item number.

EX ; in sale order there are multiple line items system will give no like 10,20,30 according to setting in VOV8 Item no.increment

figure.

This is line item data you can see it in VBAP - POSNR

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Yes for all the items I can see what is populated in the customer master but additionally for each SO, I can see an extra record with POSNR = BLANK. for this the INCO2 field is what is there in the header of Sales Order, so I think this value gets generated from the header of SO?

Thanks

Shamik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear shamik,

The Price group (KONDA) will be copied from customer master to sales order and it can be changed in sales order manually.

As a rule if any value is existed in sales order price group (KONDA) that same will be replicated in table (KONDA).

So that is the reason if you erase price group in sales order the price group will not be appeared in (VBKD-KONDA) in se16n.

Hope you can understand.

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k