cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request does not exist in production server

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

I created a transport request and released it. However, the cofile and datafile are not created in production server. It supposed to appear automatically once I released, but it is not created and I was not able to add this request in the production. May I know what might be the cause? Any setting that is wrong in my development server?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally your central transport directory should be shared by the DEV and PRD servers.

Upon releasing, the data file and cofile should get created in this central transport directory under data and cofiles subdirs.

Check in STMS -> Systems overview -> display for the TMS directory for DEV and PRD systems.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

The directory for both system is the same.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In which system you created this transport request. Make sure that transport request should not be created as local transport. Because in local transport no cofile and data file will be created.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Most probably this is a local request. How can I check the setting?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your system it generating local transport requests then it means you have not configured trans port route. Please configure transport route.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually I'm not quite sure it is a local transport, I just suspected it. My version of SAP is netweaver 7.0, can I know how I can check it? I already configure the transport route but not sure it is correct. I only have development server (DEV) and production server(PRD), don't have QA server. It is possible to have a transport route without the delivery route? I will have two consolidation route, one for the transport of the existing configuration and one is for the transport of SAP object.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Se01 and check your transport there. If it is local transport request then it will show you local transport request there. You can configure transport route for 2 system landscape as well.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

How I know it is local request? Is there any indication that I can knw? Will it stated there local transport request?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will be like this when you will check any transport in Se01

100 <SID> Client

Workbench Workbench request

Local Change Requests

Thanks

Sunny

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Does it mean that if I don't see the word ' local change request', it is not local request? When I tried to add the request in PRD server, I get this message "Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247. Errors: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile". The detail errors - "An error occurred when executing a tp command.

Command: ADDTOBUFFER DEVK900008 PRD pf=
swisapfs01\sapmnt\

Return code: 0247

Error text: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile

Request: DEVK900008" . How can I rectify this error?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u tried the procedure given in the below link?

Thanks,

Naresh.

0 Kudos

HI

Also check the procedure given in the below link.

http://sapbasisdurgaprasad.blogspot.com/2011/09/transport-error-transport-control.html

Thanks,

Naresh.

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually both link that you provided, the method stated, I already tried before. It is still not working, so I wonder which part am I doing wrong.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have configured transport route properly then when you will release request then it will automatically come in your production queue (Since you have no quality system). If transport is not coming in production queue, it means there is problem with transport route configured.

Also, check whether data file or cofile exists in transport directory or not. If there are no files then it means it is a local transport request.

Thanks

Sunny