cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we go with ALE configuration instead of receiver idoc adapter at target

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please provide me some idea when why don't we go with ALE configuration to exchange IDOC from PI to Target system instead of configuring receiver IDOC adapter at target side.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The sender system configures Integration Engine as Integration server in the SXMB_ADM and so it sends the idoc to the PI integration engine and PI generates idoc xml format message from idoc message and so we dont need sender idoc communication channel. Whereas receiver side it requires http connection to the sap system and so we specify RFC destination in the channel and make connection to the target SAP system which has idoc metadata. Hope that helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response

Regards

Raj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Point 1:

When we send IDoc from SAP system to PI ,it used ALE connections nothing but using RFC destination and Port it establishes the connection IDoc will reach PI ABAP Stack.

Point 2:

When we send IDoc to ECC using PI IDoc adapter it uses the same mechanism(RFC destination/Port),but the only purpose of IDoc comm8unication channel is to call RFCDEstination and Port created in PI.

i.e: There is no difference in communication(Point 1 and Point 2) both uses TRFC calls.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Idoc adapter uses RFC destination and port to communicate with target system, it means it in-turn is using ALE configurations to communicate with ECC .My query here is that why we can not go with ALE configurations and why we are using idoc but in both cases they are using rfc destinations and ports to communicate with the target systems

Regards

Raj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Idoc adapter uses RFC destination and port to communicate with target system, it means it in-turn is using ALE configurations to communicate with ECC

The configurations are same as ALE. This doesn't mean than PI uses ALE.

>>My query here is that why we can not go with ALE configurations

Because ALE is an old technology only meant for Idoc communciation. The features of this technology are already incorporated in PI and therfore for Idoc communication basic configuration would stay similar.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava