Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting Inventory Display of Storage Types within LX02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using SAP WM and have a situation where we are contracting with a 3rd party warehouse to hold some raw materials for us. We will have a captive user account that will only permit the employee at the 3rd party warehouse to perform certain restricted transaction codes. In one of the transaction codes that displays WM-based inventory, we want to only have transaction code LX02 - STOCK LIST display only the storage type that represents the inventory at that facility. We have a single WM warehouse that has multiple storage types and have allocated one storage type to represent that 3rd party warehouse location (which really is just an extension of the manufacturing plant). For example, if I have storage types A, B, C, and D within a single WM warehouse, and I have made the decision that C represents the 3rd party location, then I only want to setup SAP security to restrict the 3rd party warehouse employee to be able to only see storage type C and not the others. Can this be done with the proper assignment of security authorizations to allow this? If so, what is the authorization object that controls this?

BTW, we do not want to use a separate WM warehouse or plant to control this as that results in solving the above problem but introduces many other issues and problems.

Thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked object L_LGNUM. Check documentation for this object in SU21. Not sure if it covers all your requirements.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Yes, I'm already using this security object to limit them in performing inventory stock transfers within the warehouse. However, this object does not limit them in viewing inventory across the WM warehouse which is why I'm search for one that does that. I didn't really see any other options within SU21 either, but I also don't classify myself as a security wizard.

Thanks - Richard.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked that report and it uses logical database S1L. If you display documentation for this logical DB in SE36 you will find this section

Authorization checks for the warehouse number take place in the database.

Warehouse number

So it does not seem that tit will work for you. What you can try to do is to enhance LX02 to perform additional authorization check. Using implicit enhancement points you can add code to the beginning of any routine. In this case you could enhance routine call_alv.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Yeah...I was hoping not to go there but I am also thinking that your answer is probably going to be the only real option I can play. Thanks for your responses as I ponder on whether to proceed with that...

Take Care - Richard.