cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HWC and MBO Tutorials / Guides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Most of the tutorials and guides I have found with respect to the Hybrid Web Container do not illustrate how to connect to MBOs. Instead, the examples given only connect to the sample database in SUP.

Am I to understand that the HWC can only communicate to OData and the SUP database. If not, can someone point me to some guides that discuss both the HWC and MBO.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

knittedman007
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi

Yes - just to confirm what Andrew says: MBOs provide an abstraction layer so that clients don't need to worry about the actual backend source - which could be JDBS, RFC via JCO), REST service or web service.

Also, you mention OData: currently with the MBO modeller we don't directly support OData feeds except via the REST interaction pattern.

For OData feeds via Gateway and SUP you would need to use the ODP SDKs for native clients delivered with SUP 2.1

- chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is some misunderstanding about MBOs. MBOs abstract the backend data source so the client doesn't care what it is talking to. When the client works with MBOs, the data source can be a database (as in the examples you've pointed out), an SAP system, a Web Service, etc. For example, it is not uncommon to prototype with a database first, and then switch over to an SAP system later on.

Thanks,

Andrew.