cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing and mounting the installation media on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have the following issue and maybe somebody could help me.

My objective is to install SAP Netw 7.0 based on Abap and Java under linux (Redhat 5, 32 bit). I want this on my laptop in a virtualized environment (VMware).

I downloaded the following softwares:

- Master Install for Linux x386

- RDBMS for Linux 32 bit (Oracle 10.2.4)

- Oracle 10.2.4 Patch

- SAP EHP2 for SAP Netw Java Based Software

I also have the following DVD Media :

- Kernel

- SAP Netweaver Export

My question is : How to mount all of this input on my linux to be able to start my implementation correctly ? I've already put the 2 dvd in Iso format (as suggested in the installation guide).

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Run installation from local drive is strongly recommended in any case.

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. I understand that I have to put all of them on my PC and launch installation from there. However how to make (for example) the rdbms (database) or the sap netw exp (Abap) available in such a way the SAPinst would prompt their Label.ASC during the installation. I mean, to make myself clear, the path directories.

Thanks

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you do not need to really mount them...

You can copy content of required CDs on local disk - there is no CD protection that would cause problems. As long as you have everything it is fine. You will then provide paths to correct locations.

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

" You will then provide paths to correct locations"

Where am I able to perform such task ?

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAPinst program will ask you for the directories. Please go through the installation guide twice/thrice.

For e.g. if you keep all the DVDs under the mount or directory '/CD' and then 'extract' the DVDs there - you will get some folders corresponding to the DVD numbers (for different DVDs like RDBMS, KERNEL etc.).

So, from sap installation master DVD path when you launch 'sapinst' program to install SAP, there you get options to provide the 'paths' for various DVDs extracted. All the extracted DVD folders will contain label.asc file.

Installation guide will help you understand more.

Thanks