cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert is launched even when don´t fulfill the condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

In this moment we have an inconsistence with the utilization of alert framework functionality. We have configurated an e-mail alert when the Goods receipt Quantity it´s different of PO Item Quantity, i mean when we have a partial goods receipt.

For this we create an unexpected event called "GR QTY Modified", in the activity of this event we use ALERT_CREATE.

However, when we modify the date in the PO position (unexpected event CHANGE_DATE) or modify date and Quantity (Unexpected event CHANGE_DATE_QTY), the system send all the alerts generated previously; But when we modify only the Quantity (unexpected event CHANGE_QTY), notthing happen. It`s a mistake as the system send again the alerts.

Where i can check teh reason of this behaviour, we have implemented the BADI ALERT_MODIFY_TEXT with method MODIFY_LONG_TEXT, could the error come from here???? How we can include a validation at Event Code level???

I appreciated a lot your collaboration.

Thanks and best regards,

Julián.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Julian,

if an Expected Event date is changed in the EH a reprocessing of all previously sent Event Message is done by design.

For activities like alerts that should not be processed again you have to check for reprocessing with activity CHECK_REPROCESS_FLAG and do not process the again. See docu of the activity for more information.

But do this only fur such "external" activities. Other activities like SET_STATUS need to be processed again otherwise you get inconsistencies as the EH is internally deleted and created again with the same guid during reprocessing.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello steffen.

Please see my answer http://www.sendspace.com/file/qhzlfc, Thanks a lot by your answer

Edited by: Julian Fernando on Dec 19, 2011 11:26 AM

Edited by: Julian Fernando on Dec 19, 2011 11:29 AM

Edited by: Julian Fernando on Dec 19, 2011 11:37 AM