SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business requirements to PSGLFLEXT ?

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi FM-Forumies, nice to read you

The EHP4 is installed on my SAP ERP 6.0 system, and I've already activated PSM_GEN_BUDPER_1.

All right... time to FI-Ledger: reading about [Budget Period Template in New General Ledger|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/03/f1968109244986b0c3719d2670af08/content.htm], it said:

If you are using an old ledger, you need to migrate your data from the old scenario to the new. Use transaction FAGL_MIGPS to do this.

I've been reading about this tool, and "program info" said:

You do not need to move existing ledgers as the update for old totals record table does not change. The decision to move old ledgers depends on your requirements.

Could someone please, explain me about the "requirements" about move this old ledger from FMGLFLEXT to PSGLFLEXT ?

Because, now, I have FMGLFLEXT ledger (as principal).

And I'll set up all FM/BCS, and I need to work with "period budget" control.

Will I need the budget-scenario from PSGLFLEXT? (or that is just for reports?)

I'm a little confused...

On the other hand, it would be very interesting read about this note:

1294015 - Budget Period known issues

But...

The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only

Of course, thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Oswald.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

did you can select the totals table PSGLFLEXT in define new ledge in this path

1. If you want to use a new ledger, you must first create it. To do this, access Customizing and choose Financial Accounting (New) —> Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) —> Ledgers —> Ledger —> Define Ledgers for General Ledger Accounting.
  2. Choose New Entries in the resulting view and enter a 2–character identifier and a name for your new ledger. Specify totals table PSGLFLEXT for the new ledger.

why can there no this table PSGLFLEXT option