Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arial Font 12 becomes Courier 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We got an issue about the arial font.

it was similar to this post but i don't understand their explanation how they solved the problem.

[;

We already have installed it via SE73 but the problem still occurs.

if it is arial 16 an arial font is showed however it seems to be using Arial monospaced for SAP font instead of the actual arial installed via SE73. it is noticable via the spacing usually on the 'O' and our customers already noticed.

if we go to smartstyles, the preview there when creating text the correct arial font and even size is shown.

however if we do print preview on smartforms using printer LP01 then the problem occurs.

on the link they mention that you should change the default font on LP01 but i don't understand where should we do it? is it from the printer driver within SAP (task for the Basis?) or is it on your windows default printer (but i can't see where you should place default font)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the used device type support the installed true type font`? You can see this via SE73 -> Printer Fonts -> <Davice type>.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

checked on the Device Type

should LP01 be here? because i couldn't see it, or should it be the default printer i used on my workstation/desktop?

i noticed here also that the font size is on 'Scal.' which i am assuming that it is scaling. is there a way to change this so it is not scaling?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try replacing Arial with Helvetica.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried Helvetica font still same problem. it is using arial but the spacing is off (most likely using Arial monospaced for SAP)