cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Optimizer for solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As I am in the Configuration Phase of Solman 7.1 SP3.

As i have added my ECC 6.0 EHP5 and SRM 7.0 in SLD,As i have maintained the AS ABAP and AS JAVA Systems in LMDB,

In the Part of Technical System Editor in step DESTINATIONS and takes me to Managed System Configuration,I am getting error

as:Issue with the connection to system SID00001 client 200: No RFC authorization for function module RFCPING which

As i want to download patches through Maintenance Optimizer,but i am not able to see the SRM and ECC Systems in

Maintenance Optimizer Except Solman System.I have checked the systems in SMSY,as the Technical System AS JAVA is there

with it's description.Kindly Help me regarding the same.I will be really thankful for this.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Edited by: jitu001 on Dec 13, 2011 5:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you create the RFC to your ERP and SRM system in Managed System Configuration?

If no, you need to highlight your System, click "Configured System".

You need to maintain your RFC connection, and remember to update authorization for the admin user used in satellite system.

Cheers,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for reply.

In ECC I can't see any RFC named SAPSLDAPI so I tried to create it manually. But no success. RFC giving error.

My question is that whether we need to create it manually or it get generated during Managed System Configuration.

In Managed System Configuration for ECC ABAP I am able to create Managed System Administrator User with authorizations in ECC but, not able to check connection from SOLMAN_SETUP as it is giving RFC error :

Issue with connection to system KDA00001 client 200: No RFC authorization for function module RFCPING.

Where's the issue I'm not getting it.

Please help regarding the same.

Thanks & Reply

Ajitabh

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to create any RFC manually. You do it in Managed System Configuration.

1) ensure the admin user use to connect to satellite system is updated with correct authorization in Managed System Configuration.

2) Please check the log to see is the authorization assigned correctly. Browse to the bottom of Managed System Configuration -> RFC creation.

3) Also, ensure ST-PI 700_2008 is installed in your satellite system.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chang,

Thanks for your reply.

But is it necessary to Configure Managed System Completely for all the Systems in the Landscape for Setting Up Maintenance

Optimizer?Or i can proceed further with the maintenance Optimizer,so that i can be able to download the required Support

Packages?As my Question is without Configuring the whole Managed System should i be able to download the Support

Packages through Maintenance Optimizer?And ST-PI 2008_1_700 level 0004 is already installed in Solman 7.1 SP03.

Kindly help me regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

Edited by: jitu001 on Dec 14, 2011 2:59 PM

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nope, you don't need to setup all steps in Managed System Configuration for MOPZ. The important part is the RFC setup. As long as your SOLMAN can connect to your satellite system via RFC, that's enough for MOPZ.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Nicholas,

Thanks for your reply.

As i have 2 systems ECC6.0 EHP5 and SRM 7.0 in landscape and i have created RFC connection for Solman 7.1.

Can i Use MOPZ now for downloading Support Packages?As i have started MOPZ Configuration but i can see only one system

in MOPZ as Solman 7.1,But i want to download the Patches for ECC 6.0 and SRM 7.0 too,which are not visible in MOPZ.

Kindly help me with the correct MOPZ Configuration.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you assign the correct product and product version for your EHP5 and SRM7?

Your EHP5 should assign under SAP ERP and SRM should under SAP SRM.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chang,

Thanks for the reply,

I have assigned my EHP5 under SAP ERP as Product SYSTEMS,But it is showing under SAP ECC and SAP ERP ENHANCE

PACKAGE too in SMSY.Can you tell me what to do in this scenario?As Under SAPERP i got the SID as EXTENDED SID i.e

SID00001(AS ABAP) and getting all information regarding AS ABAP STACK and under TECHNICAL SYSTEM i can see my

system AS JAVA STACK over there.What Should i do?

Kindly Suggest regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is pretty straighforward if you need MOPZ to download SPs.

In SMSY -> Header Data -> You should see active Product version:: (1)SAP Product SAP ERP - Product Version SAP ERP 6 and (2) Product - SAP EHP Enhance Package - Product Version EHP5 for SAP ERP6

Please check 1507548 - Duplicate SID in Transaction SMSY and see is it related to your case.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Edited by: Nicholas Chang on Dec 14, 2011 9:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chang,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your KBA.

It is not applicable in our case because there is no Duplicacy of SID's.

I just want to ask you one question,that is ECC6.0(AS ABAP + AS JAVA) and SRM7.0(AS ABAP + AS JAVA) systems should be

registered under Product system or Technical System?Because in my case ECC6.0(AS ABAP) comes under Product System

and under Technical System i got ECC 6.0(AS JAVA).If you can provide me your mail id i can send you the screenshot of my

SYSTEM,so that you can understand my scenario and it will be really helpful for me.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can email to my email address maintained in my profile.

FOR AS JAVA, you need to go to "Product Instance Selection" -> check "Application Server Java" as relevant as assign your JAVA SID in technical system and system type = JAVA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chang,

As We discussed,I have sent you the Screenshots of my ECC 6.0 EHP5System.

Kindly have a look into the matter and help me regarding the same.

I will be really thankful for this.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nice to hear that the problem is solved.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chang,

Thanks for your reply.

I just wanted to ask you one question that where should I assign my KDA System?Is it under Product Systems i.e. SAP ECC or

SAP ERP or SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE?OR under Technical System?From where should I Synchronize the System again?

My problem is still not solved.

I will appreciate Your Help regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should always assigned any Product system, KDA in your case to the base product, should be SAP ERP as main. And product instance as ECC server. Also, please add EHP5 for SAP ERP6 in SMSY -> KDA -> Header Data -> Change Product Assignment and mark it as active.

SLD -> LMDB should sync every 10-15 mins by job LMDB0001* OR you can manually run it once.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i have wrongly assigned my ECC 6.0 EHP5 and SRM 7.0 systems in SMSY.

I want to rename my Extended SID's,As i have generated my Installation Keys from SMSY,If I will delete the Product Systems

from SMSY,Should I have to generate the Installation Keys again?

Kindly help me regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said, you don't need to regenerate the solman key, the solman key is only use once during installation.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chang,

I have solved the problem without deleting the EXTENDED SID.

I just have assigned Logical Components and Solution Landscape for ECC 6.0 EHP5 in SMSY.

And I can see ECC 6.0 in Maintenance Optimizer.

Thanks a lot for your support.

I am closing this Question as Answered.

Thanks & Regards

Ajitabh