Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in lea component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.

Please help!!!!!

We are on portal 7.0 and we have to make some changes in the leave request application.

I have the DC for lea component. If I try to import it in nwds directly it gives error of missing libraries and many other references.

Please suggest if it is possible to do this without NWDI.

Also is it possible to get this dc directly in the track created instead of importing the whole ess business package in the track.

Regards;

Anzar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I now see you want to import without using NWDI... This is not possible at all and will indeed result in missing references for obvious reasons.

Why would you want to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the prompt reply.

I have configured the tracks for NWDI and added the 3 dependencies in the track.Is it possible to add just the lea component to the track and import it in NWDS instead of adding the complete business package.

Please help asap.

Regards;

Anzar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason for trying to get only the same lea dc is that the dc for lea which is given to me has some customizations done in it earlier by someone else..

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if I understand your requirements completely...

If you check out the leave request DC, make your modifications, and then check in your activity, it should just work.

But you will still need the complete ESS package in order to preserve references

Former Member
0 Kudos

You import a SC from track.

With SC comes all DCs

Now until and unless you do not create a project for DC they do not come in your local workspace for modification.......

You can opt to only create "lea" project DC in workspace.

Wise decision would be to also create all dependent DCs project. (they will come as filled green triangle on DC name)

If your NWDI has been recently set up and you are the first person modifying it...then make sure it has been correctly set up.

For this refer to SAP note : 872892 (attached NWDI cookbook pdf)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have ESS available in NWDI, you should be able to import the Leave Request DC just fine without errors...

Can you elaborate more about your steps taken?