cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT Configuration ECC6

0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am using ECC6 on HPUX. Currently within SCOT my default domain is configured and within the SMTP node it states local. Nothing is configured within SICF for SAPCONNECT

I am able to send email - I believe SAP sends the mail to the local HPUX server where ECC resides and sendmail passes the email to the users.

I have 2 problems/questions.

If I have several Finance users which are sending Purchase Orders via email if an incorrect email address is entered for a vendor I would like the end user to be notified to their exchange email account.

If I send an email (SMTP) via SWBP to an incorrect email address I would expect to be notified eventually that the mail was never sent as the address was incorrect, however this does not happen.

If I was to send an email via exchange (NON SAP) this functionality is there.

How can I get this functionality?

Would I be correct in thinking that I need to configure the exchange server details within SCOT and SICF.

The second issue is with the current configuration as it is all the emails remain in scot as in transit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It sounds like your current configuration does not handle the confirmation of receipt very well.

Your second issue can be fixed by turning the confirmation of receipt off (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/609f388b7811d3a33000a0c943858e/frameset.htm)

Regarding your first issue, If you already have an exchange infrastructure in place, I see no reason why you would not want to use it with you SAP servers.

Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP gives a very detailed explanation as to how to set this up.

Regards,

Dominik Herzig