solman installation problem

ahmed_ibrahim2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i start to install Solution Manager

i download all DVD from SAP site

I started the installation this way:

SAPInst --> SAP Solution Manager 7.1 --> Software Life-Cycle Options --> System Copy > Oracle> Target System Installation --> Central System --> Based on AS ABAP and AS Java

During the Roadmap Step "Define Parameteres" I have to enter the path to Migration Export Medium. Whatever I choose I receive the error " actually installation ask about this parameter 3 times ":

You have to specify a valid location for the requested package SAP:JMIG:701::😘

Specifiy the location which contains the right LABEL.ASC .

This is the Target 32-bit system:

1. Solution Manager 71 SP06, unicode installation

2. oracle

3. OS - Windows Server 2003 32-bit

4. Kernel 7.01 SP107

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me resolving that issue!

Best regards,

Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ahmed_ibrahim2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for response

actually i follow this path

SAP Solman 7.1 / SAP Systems / Oracle / Central system / Central system.

system raise same error

"You entered: /solman\51039398\51039398_1\DATA_UNITS\EXP1LABEL.ASC Found the label

SAP: MIG::EXPORT(1/::: but need the label SAP:JMIG:701:::

-

actually i don't know where i find this label or how i create it

my be i have wrong procedure "i appreciate if you inform me about correct procedure "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope the LABEL.ASC you are choosing for installation exports is of from incorrect path.

After you unRAR the export files using the EXE you get two folders like 51039398_1 and 51039398_2.

So please choose the installation export path as /.../51039398_1/LABEL.ASC.

Regards,

Aparna.

ahmed_ibrahim2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi aparnaj

thank you for your kind response

actually i test to choose LABEL.ASC directly from path as /.../51039398_1/LABEL.ASC it is not working and give me similar erorr

actually i merge the 2 DVD in one DVD and create LABEL.ASC "MIG::EXPORT(1/:::" inside this path as /.../51039398_1/ data_unit/exp1/LABEL.ASC.

but sapinst again ask me twice about installation export migration if i assigned same path or different path or even create new label , it give me this error "You entered: /solman\51039398\51039398_1\DATA_UNITS\EXP1LABEL.ASC Found the label

SAP: MIG::EXPORT(1/::: but need the label SAP:JMIG:701:::"

-

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you doing a fresh installation? If yes, you should correct the path you selected in sapinst. Select SAP Solution Manager -> SAP Systems -> Oracle -> Central System instead of::

SAPInst --> SAP Solution Manager 7.1 --> Software Life-Cycle Options --> System Copy > Oracle> Target System Installation --> Central System --> Based on AS ABAP and AS Java

Please stop your sapinst and delete sapinst_dir. Rerun sapinst with the correct option.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the fresh installation,actually as per the procedure you need not merge the two DVDs becuase SAPINST will ask input for two installation exports.

And when you unRAR the files you will get two folders created like 51039398_1 and 51039398_2.

So you can give input path like /.../51039398_1/LABEL.ASC and /.../51039398_2/LABEL.ASC to SAPINST.

Please stop the installation,clean sapinst_dir and retry installation with the new option.

Regards,

Aparna.

ahmed_ibrahim2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Aparna,

actually i start my installation without merging any DVD's following normal procedure but sapinst ask me about these 2 labels

SAP:JMIG:702::: AND SAP:MIG::EXPORT (1\::**

SO I START TO MERGE DVD'S

for your info i use

windows server 2003 32bit.

Jdk 1.4.34 and relative JCE

oracle db

may there is something wrong in my procedure

so kindly send me correct procedure if you can.

my account on yahoo is 'asherbeny3'

Edited by: asherbeny3 on Dec 16, 2011 12:37 AM

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you read our comment given, are you doing Fresh Installation or Migration ?

If you are doing fresh installation, kindly select the correct option:

Select SAP Solution Manager -> SAP Systems -> Oracle -> Central System

And you won't find the Migration Label in any media, the migration label is generated when you perform the migration, after you exported your source system.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

May I know what you want to do exactly either a system copy or fresh installation, the path you mentioned is for a system copy and if you are going for a fresh installation follow the below path

All The Best.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are willing to perform a fresh install you are not selecting the good scenario in sapinst.

You have selected a system copy scenario.

You should stop sapinst Gui and service.

Restart sapinst and select :

Good luck...