cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor messages on PI 7.3 AEX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are going to use PI 7.3 with a Java only service (AEX) for our project. While going through the SAP documentation for 7.3, found the following link which mentiones in a Note :

"When you use the Advanced Adapter Engine Extended (AEX), the Runtime Workbench cannot be used for monitoring purposes"

Link : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/af/d36bc882e846f29ddef9dc1741527b/frameset.htm

I searched in SDN and service marketplace but could not find any document specific to AEX monitoring only where 7.3 is used as a Java only installation.

Do we need to do the monitoring via Solman only in this case?

Would be helpful if anyone can provide me with any helpful links

Regards

Shiladitya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shiladitya,

I am working on Dual stack PI 7.3 installation.I am not sure about the Java Only option of PI 7.3. I found one more option Configuration and Monitoring Home on PI welcome page for monitoring other than RWB. Please check the [Link|http://www.flickr.com/photos/32329317@N06/6508897765/]. Check whether you can monitor the message in AEX from there.

Regards,

Sami.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiladitya,

As you indicate that the question is answered, could you let us know how you monitor your AEX ?

Where do you access to your monitoring tools ? Through the Netweaver Administrator ?

Regards,

JB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Go to Monitoring tab -> Adapter Engine -> Message Monitor.

When accessing Message Monitoring, you initially see an overview of messages according to a time range.

2.Integration Directory offers one-click navigation from Communication Channel editor to the web channel monitoring using new channel PING function. This enables testing a channel in the local channel monitor .

3.Support only Java-based adapter types.

regards,

ganesh.

Edited by: ganesh.nijampudi on Dec 13, 2011 12:56 PM