cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple interfaces with same receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If I have a scenario like one sender and one receiver but multiple interfaces. For example, based on the payload I need to decide which interface is to be used. But the receiver will remain the same.

For different interfaces, I have different proxies at the receiver end. Is this possible?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service - i think this sud suffice

Add multiple interfaces, and give conditions (same as wht u provided in you recev. det.)

For different interfaces, I have different proxies at the receiver end >>> can u explain a bit more?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabz,

This is a JDBC-Proxy scenario. A single sender and single receiver. But there are 2 inbound interfaces fro the same R/3 and each inbound interface contains a proxy in R/3.

I cant use it in a single proxy, since these are SAP pre-defined inbound interfaces. I just need to route the message to the corresponding interface based on the payload.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a JDBC-Proxy scenario. A single sender and single receiver. But there are 2 inbound interfaces fro the same R/3 and each inbound interface contains a proxy in R/3.

I cant use it in a single proxy, since these are SAP pre-defined inbound interfaces. I just need to route the message to the corresponding interface based on the payload.

>>>> in this case you will have two receiver agreement for the same receiver sys. but each will have diff. inbound interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Gone through the blog https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2973. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] I think it is the same as with multiple receivers. Thanks a lot for the information.

Thanks &Regards,

Jai Shankar.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

In multiple receiver determination, you can have multiple receievers itself .

In multiple interface determination, you have one reciver, but multiple inbound interfaces..

The choice between the 2 options depends on whether yur are sending data to one or multiple recivers.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Sorry <i>I think it is the same as with multiple receivers.</i> --> I meant it similar and typed it same. Understood the difference.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Possible.

In your interface deteramintion, you can give multiple INBOUND INTERFACES and then give the mapping ( Interface mapping ) and also specify the condition.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I have multiple inbound interfaces. Now how do I do the interface mapping and where do I specify the conditions here.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is what Bhavesh is saying you can add multiple inbound interface by presseing "+" in the top and give condition in th Interface Determination

Check out this blog

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service

Thansk

Prakash

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

When you select Multiple Interfaces..as inbound interfaces.. the condition editor will get dispalyed automatically .

Also, you need to give the Interface Mapping correspoding to the Interfaces you have created.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

if you have 2 inbound interfaces,you will need to have 2 interface mapping created in IR for these inbound interfaces.

1. Between the Source / outbound interface and the first inbound interface

2. Between the source / outbound interface and the second inbound interface.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just have a look at the last screenshots of the weblog.

you can add multiple interfaces and then in the condition editor define your condition.

how do I do the interface mapping

>>. when u add the diff. inbound interfaces you interface mapping for the corresponding ones get listed in your F4 help.