cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Management - Serial Numbers at Storage Bin level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently facing an issue with Warehouse Management. Let me explain the scenario to you.

1. As per clientu2019s needs, we have u2018serializedu2019 the materials. This is done at the material masters by maintaining serial profile - 0001.

2. While receiving goods, systems prompts us to enter serial numbers. Either we can enter manually or let system assign the number automatically.

3. The material and serial numbers u2013 linkage u2013 can be seen at transaction IQ09. The linkage is seen at storage level (that is IM managed environment)

4. However, with respect to WM environment, quant is the last level of visibility. How do we see materials with their serial numbers u2013 at bin level ?

5. I keep hearing that EWM has this functionality, how do we incorporate that into SAP WM?

6. If any development efforts to be put in, how do we do it ?

thanks and regards,

Milind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mauro_bianchi
Active Contributor

Hi Milind,

As stated in Note 409544, there are no serial numbers at storage bin level in WM, so there is no compilation of the overall serial number stock during WM inventory.

It is possible with Handling Unit Management to have visibility of the serial numbers that are located within a Handling

Unit. The serial numbers located on a bin are then also visible indirectly through the HU which has the info of the bin if it is

stored in WM. Without HUM serial numbers in WM are not possible.

When a handling unit (HU) is put away, it becomes a storage unit with the same number in the warehouse. There the handling unit is then treated as a storage unit. The stocks are manage in a HU storage location. Handling units can also be put away in a decentralized Warehouse Management System.

The storage unit knows the totals of the materials and the quantities.

The handling unit, on the other hand, knows the packing hierarchy (nesting) as well as the connected serial numbers. If changes are made to stock, the storage unit and the handling unit are changed accordingly.

Hope this can help

Regards,

Mauro