Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region Field Mandatory in TRIP in Travel Management

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have able to make region field mandatory in PR05 . In our client site all permutation and combination has been done according to region field. But I am unable to bring Region field in TRIP or TP04 and also I want that field to be mandatory . Could you please guide how to bring Region field in TRIP or TP04 and how can I make that mandatory too.

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Biraja

Unfortunately you cannot make this field mandatory for the schema PL as it is not possible to define the region field as a

required one within the standard. A reason is that you also have entries for a country with region 'blank' in your system and it is

not possible to have a mandatory field with a blank entry.

However you can try to modify the properties of the field in table PTRV_T706Z_FLDS.

Hope this would help!

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sally,

Thanks for your reply . Can we bring this field in TRIP (without making it mandatory though) ? Please suggest.....

0 Kudos

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the backend functionality because the REGION field was a new functionality starting ERP2005 in Web Dynpro, and this field is only available in FITVFELD_WEB. The field was integrated with the "Country" field in Web Portal. The customising point for Travel Request was also added in Portal which as you see is not available in FITVFELD.

And when you create expenses for the request, the REGION field can be input manually, the value is maintained in Table T702O.

So as a standard solution so it is not possible without making a modification

I mentioned modifying the table PTRV_T706Z_FLDS but actually just reading it again I dont think this will work for TRIP in this manner.

Edited by: Sally Redmond on Dec 13, 2011 12:10 PM

Edited by: Sally Redmond on Dec 13, 2011 12:11 PM

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sally,

Can we bring region field in TRIP . Yes or No . From your answer I think it is no .Please suggest so that I can close this thread . Anyway many many thanks for your reply.

Edited by: Biraja Senapati on Dec 13, 2011 12:19 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Biraj

Its a No I'm afraid...

I edited the post as had checked some config but realised wasnt going to help in this case

Sally

former_member214876
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sally,

http://rwd.tennessee.edu/content/trip_create_travel_expense_report/wi/postscript/index.pdf . I searched this link and found that region field is there . Please have a look and let me know if I am wrong anywhere.

0 Kudos

you were looking for transaction TRIP no? This is for expense report or furthermore create expense report from travel request but as mentioned in this scenario you can fill region field in PR05 from the existing travel request.