new insp stage : 20

rej : 1

new insp stage : 10

stage 20

no. of skip : 5

rej : 1

Enter this data & Use this DMR in the inspection plan header.

What I expected to happen is when first inspection lot will be created ,you can do RR & UD for this lot.Once this lot is accepted ,

from second lot onwards Inspection lot will have "SKIP" status.If any one of the 5 lots is rejected then Quality level will reset to stage 10 means under Inspection.

Can anybody tell me how can I test this .. Because in QA01,I have created two inspection lots with 01 type, I have accepted the first one,but still i am getting the second for Results recording and UD..

AM i missing anything,anywhere.

Please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd like to explain the option of 'at lot creation', 'at UD' in modification rule because many people are confused it.

1) The quality level is updated when UD is saved.

-This option is useful in normal case (one or little inspeciton lot for a material, a plant, (a vendor) per day)

-If more inspection lot is created before previous lot is not UDed, all opened lot's level is same with first lot.

-Because the quality level is updated only when UD is saved.

-In quality level(QDL3) 'count of lots without UD' is increased for all opened lot and then it is reduced when opened lot is UDed.

(At the same time 'count of lots since change' is increaed.)

2) The quality level is updated when an inspection lot is created.

-This option is useful like as below process.

-Example process

You want one time inspection on every week. (most stock should move to unrestricted directly.)

Many lots are created for a material, a plant, (a vendor) per day.

If you select 'at UD' in modification rule, many lots are remained in one time inspeciton level, not skipped.

If you select 'at lot creation', only one lot are remained in one time inspection and other lot skipped evenif lot is not UDed.

-The quality level is updated when an inspection lot is created and SAP assumes this lot will be accepted.

-In quality level(QDL3) 'count of lots without UD' is always blank and modification valuation is updated 'accepted' when an lot is created. (evenif UD valuation is blank.)

Regards, DoWook KIM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies.

My last question is ,If the first lot is accepted,the following will be set as SKIP. But what is the significance of this status.

Even for the second lot which is with status SKIP,we need to do UD to put it into unrstricted? Because i have an inspection lot with status SKIP,but it is still possible to do UD for the lot.

My assumption was 'if the status is SKIP,then there is no need for UD and other inspection related stuff and this materrial will be sent to unrestricted stock automatically"

PLease clarify me..

Thanks a lot.

Karthick P

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My assumption was 'if the status is SKIP,then there is no need for UD and other inspection related stuff and this materrial will be sent to unrestricted stock automatically"

>Correct.

If a lot is skipped, this material is sent to unrestricted stock automatically.

You need to define 'automatic usage decision' at transaction QA17.

Also you need to check 'delay time' and 'waiting time' in plant level configuration.

Regards, DoWook KIM.

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My last question is ,If the first lot is accepted,the following will be set as SKIP. But what is the significance of this status.

>

> Even for the second lot which is with status SKIP,we need to do UD to put it into unrstricted? Because i have an inspection lot with status SKIP,but it is still possible to do UD for the lot.

Are you using digital signature function at UD level. If yes then system will not do auto UD with digital signature for SKIPed lot. Thats why you are getting SKIP lot for to do manual usage decision.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Exactly, DMR at UD level and at Inspection lot Level gives ypu the updates of quality levels.

As i suggest you QDH1- Quality level check , u check each DMR level in your development or testing client and after execution this will be easy for your understanding.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

CAn you please tell me how can i use that t code QA17.. With an example.. For Eg,if i need to do auto UD for skipped lots for once in an hour,how should i do the settings..

Please help me out

Thanks

Karthick P

Former Member
0 Kudos

First

SPRO>Quality Management>Basic setting>Maintain settings at plant level>Select plant where you want to schedule auto UD>Go to inspection lot completion tab>Enter delay time for skip lot.( say 60 min)

Use QA16 to run report in forground or create a varient here .

& QA17 to run the report to schedule auto UD in background with varient created in QA16.

This will do UD of all lots of status SKIP in background !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

CAn you please tell me if i need to do that setting in SPRO ,even for running the variant in foreground..i.e by clicking the execute icon in QA17.

I have tried that variant in foregroung ,but the auto UD is not happening for the lots.

Karthick P

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what exactly you are doing ...Read my past thread carefully whch specify all SPRO & QA16/QA17 transaction and how should be performed.

create a varient in QA16.--->enter material,plant ,UD code ,date etc.

Now Use QA17 to run the Varient & schedule auto UD in background with varient created in QA16.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.In Inspection pla header what is dynamic modification criteria.?

Is vendor Ticked ?.Have you maintained Vendor in Task list of plant ?( same vendor which you have enterd in QA01)

2 .Results recording and UD..

Even if lot is skipped you can do Result recording & UD .

Is status of Inspection lot is not "SKIP" from second lot onwards( after accepting UD the first one)

3.Make sure that UD is accepted for prior one.

4.check QDL2 for chnage in stage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now,During lot creation itself i am finding the status as SKIP frm the second lot.

My question is ,jus by creating the lot how can system give the status as SKIP.I did not do any UD for the first lot,then how is system showing the second lot as SKIP.HOw to go about this.

And I dont find any information about the quantity to be posted in QA32.from quality to unrestricted etc.

Please help me out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to QDH1,

select the lot and goto histroy button,

system shows u that there is propsed UD by the system against the first lot and though the system shows the status as SKIP in second lot.

once u will execute this transaction, u easily understood the DMR functioning.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain me how can i unerstand the following..

1. I could not find any option for posting the quantity to unrestricted etc.. How can i find that?

2. IEven if i amnot doing any UD I am getting the SKIP status in the second lot.

3.What is the difference between Dynamic modification at lot level and Usage decision level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now,During lot creation itself i am finding the status as SKIP frm the second lot.

My question is ,jus by creating the lot how can system give the status as SKIP.I did not do any UD for the first lot,then how is system showing the second lot as SKIP.HOw to go about this.

This is becaus eof DMR @ Lot level--->which means even if you not take UD of the firt lot second will be skipped whereas @UD level means unless you do UD ( as accepted) next lot will not skip.

In QA32 -->Usage decision there is tab of stock posting.

But Remember : DMR quality level change is not depend upon the sock posting ,it depends upon UD code.