Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Account Assign to Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

I have an issue,

we are unable to perform Post Goos Issue in VL01N (error KI280) as cost element is not created for the GL account we use (Cost of Goods). Our FICO guys saying its not the practice to create Cost element for P&L GLaccounts and have other impacts.

When we test the delivery/ goods issue without account assign to WBS its working perfect.

The PS interest here is to capture and record Reveue and Billing.

We are using Make to stock scenario and no network are used in Project. Also there is no profit centre, cost centre for projects. The concept is to prepare ZReport and get the project P&L

I have done a good search in SDN but unable to find a proper solution; some saying to create cost element with type 90 but I cant create secondary cost element as GL already created. One option come across is to have a set of material only for project but it will complecate the issue as same material is using for direct sales also.

I am interested to know, in general, whether Make to stock scenario can be accounst assign to Project and if so how we manage the Goods Issue and GL related posting accordingly.

Thanks in advance,

Reg/ Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

If sales order is a cost object,COGS account should be a cost element and project is a cost object,so COGS account should be cost element.

In account determination OBYC TC. GBB,check you account settings for the following.

VAX: for goods issues for sales orders without cost object -account not a cost element

VAY: for goods issues for sales orders with cost object -account should be cost element

VKP: for project account assignment --account should be cost element

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rau,

Thanks for reply, its useful input.

VAX and VAY is configured but not VKP.

Also the GL account used on both VAX and VAY is COGS. Configuring VKP with same GL account will also result error I think. For some reason FICO guys doesnt want cost element to be created for COGS.

What is the general practice, should I ask for separate GL with cost element COGS (PS) for VAY?

Reg/ Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

You should have a cost element in VKP for project postings and without cost element in VKP,Goods issues are not possible.

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rau,

Thanks for info. One more clarification, though I am using WBS account assignment; will VAY work correctly or should go for VKP only. Whats the major difference between these two.

Reg/Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

VAY for sales order and VKP for project(WBS or Net work).

Thanks,

Rau

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Primary issue resolved; Awaiting a clarification

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

VL01N is for delivery from sales order. Where ever a sales order is assigned to project. Do a delivery from CNS0.

To assign a sales order to project , we need to do sd-mm-ps integration.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery from project can be done from CNS0 only if we are using make to order scenario and project stock is activated, if I understand correctly

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It has to be MTO, But i am not is project stock is required or not. Please try same in your sandbox.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Our FICO guys saying its not the practice to create Cost element for P&L GLaccounts and have other impacts.

I think your FICO guy is wrong. For all P&L account there should be a primary cost element otherwise how the flow to CO will happen. If it is balance sheet account then he is right we normally create only statistical cost elements for Balance Sheet account.