cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow settings for appropriation request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm an FICO Consultant and new to Workflows. We are planning to have workflows for approval of appropriation requests. The client procedure and requirements are as follows:

1. When the user creates an appropriation request, the partners (in general data tab) needs to be determined by the system. Please let me know if this is possible with HR module settings and what are they? Or ABAP intervention is required?

2. We have two types of workflows for budgeted and unbudgeted items. The difference is only in adding a few more partners in case of unbudgeted items. But while creating the request user will not have the information as to whether the item is budgeted or unbudgeted. So the requirement is that HOD will check and add few partners in case of unbudgeted items only and work item should move accordingly. eg if CFO's id is added later by HOD, the request should be in approved status only if CFO approves even if Vice President was the final partner when request was created by the user.

3. We have maintained user status profiles apart from system status profiles. for example when HOD approves the appropriation request, it moves to the inbox of next higher authority. In this case there is no change in system status. But user status has to be changed to "Reviewd by HOD".

Appreciate your help is achieving the above.

Best Regards

Vimal Vijayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

here it is : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/2a/f9f542493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

For approvers & level determination, we can define it at spro.

SPRO- investment management(IM) - appropriation requests(AR) - control data - define partner determination & functions.

SPRO- IM - AR - approval - define approval levels for AR

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Keerthi,

Thanks for the link. Infact I'm a bit familiar with the basic settings and SPRO settings for approval levels and maintenance of status profils, partner schema etc. What i specifically want to know is about the three points i mentioned ie. whether this is possible in std SAP , if yes how or whether i need to take ABAP help?

Best Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Yes you would require ABAP work.

You have to delegate the BO BUS2104 to meet your requirements.

Also look at the std appropriation request workflow - 300022.

Regards,

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Keerthi,

Can you elaborate on how to use BO (business object?) BUS2104 to acheive my requirements? Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Delegating BO will help to add your custom functionality.

You can see this example for step by step instructions.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/DelegationandRedefiningmethodsofbusinessobject+BUS1001

Regards,

Answers (0)