Did you mean: 

Stock of customer in our premises

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need your help in the following process:

We receive an order from the Customer

We do the production against the sales order

We do the delivery & the Billing to the customer in SAP as per the standard process.

But in our case the material is not going out of our factory. Material physically remains with us. We delivery the material to the customer as per his requirement.

For example,

Sales order us created on 01.12.2011 for 1000 Qty

Production is done on 03.12.2011 for 1000 qty against the sales order

Delivery & Billing for 1000 qty is done on 04.12.2011

Material (500 Qty, 200 Qty, 300 Qty) is sent to the customer on 10.12.2011 , 15.12.2011 and 20.12.2011 respectively

Please advise how to keep the stock in our sap system in the name of customer.

Regards,

Tulasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is MTO (Make To Order) process.

So create an order for the quantity required this requirement will post to Production automatically.

after production you can create delivery for required dates based on sale order schedule lines and create subsequent billing.

Note:If you want to create billing before deliver you can go for order related billing for total order qty.

So try to configure MTO process

Thank you,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Consignment Process deals with the our Stock at Customer Location

No your findings is wrong. In consignment process, once you do fillup delivery and generated proforma, the stock from unrestricted would become as a special stock within the same company code. As and when you deliver the quantity partially, at that time, you can create an issue order (KE), do issue delivery & commercial invoice. This will meet your requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasi

Please go through with Consignment Process,then it is possible to meet your requirement

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

As per my understanding, the Consignment Process deals with the our Stock at Customer Location, correct me if I am wrong.

In our case, the stock actually belongs to the Customer but the material practically is with us.

Request you to please give me the process flow which I need to do. I gone thru the consignment process, but, as per me, could not meet my requirement.

Please guide.

Regards,

Tulasi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasi

Consignment Process deals with the our Stock at Customer Location

I agree with Mr. Lakshmipathi.as your findings are wrong because In Consignment Process,once you do fill-up,delivery and invoice,the stock will become a special stock,which you can check in MMBE also..But whenever you want to deliver the quantity then you have to do consignment issue and then delivery and then invoice.So Consignment will meet your requirement

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri nath,.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I agree to you and Lakshmipathi. May be I could not explain my problem properly. Consignment stock is a special stock lying with the customer, but it is companyu2019s valuated stock till the time customer sells the material to the third party.

Let me explain my scenario again what we do:

1. Customer gives an order of 1000 pens.

2. We do mass production of 1000 pens

3. Customer says you bill for 1000 pens today, but he will take the 1000 pens from us from next months. As per his instruction we supply him the Material, say 500 pens in januray, 200 pens in march, 300 pens in july.

Practically speaking the customers pays to us for all 1000 pens once we informs him that we have produced the 1000 pens. On his request, we keep the pens with us as our storage capacity is huge and the customer gives us the order on regualr basis.

Please guide.

Regards,

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasi

Consignment stock is a special stock lying with the customer

The consignment stock will be lying with the customer only when Consignment Issue is done.It is possible to go with consignment but if you feel it is not correct then go with Make to Order process

If the customer places the order for 1000pens and if he pays today only then you can go with Make To Order Process.In the process only you maintain three delivery dates by giving manually.and you generate the proforma invoice for to the customer for the 1000pens

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasi,

This is Make to order process

1)Customer gives the order for 1000 & you created the order in VA01.Once order is done the goods are reserved for this particular customer.once these goods are reserved for this customer you cannot create another order with this particular material.since it is a make to order process.

2)Customer says you bill for 1000 pens today

So you have to do the billing with reference to the Order-(Order related billing) for 1000 pens

3) supply him the Material, say 500 pens in januray, 200 pens in march, 300 pens in july._

you have to do delivery partially.Go to Vl01n & give the reference of order no & enter the req qty to be delivered to the customer on particular month

Regards

Pradeep.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Consignment stock is a special stock lying with the customer

There is nothing wrong even if your client stores somewhere in their premises. So still I feel that you can go with consignment process. If you feel that this is not feasible, then I would suggest that during delivery creation, you just save the delivery without doing PGI and against this delivery, you can very well create a proforma (for that in VOFA assign routine 11 against copying requirements to your proforma type). By doing so, you can have a track of customer inventory and parallelly, customer will also not be debited. As and when you wanted to debit the customer, goods issue can happen and invoice be generated accordingly.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Many Thanks for your vakuable inputs. I have done as per your input and i got the solution.I am closing this thread.

Best Regards,

GTNR.