cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization of confirmation of activities at user level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have a scenario in which we have one to one wbse and activity relationship. For eg:

Activity A is assigned to WBSE A

Activity B is assigned to WBSE B

Activity C is assigned to WBSE C

here business wants to restrict confirmation of activities at user level, means User 'X' can only confirm activty 'A' , user 'Y' can only confirm activity 'B' and so on .

Please suggest how can i meet the requirement.

Thanks

Edited by: SAP PS on Dec 13, 2011 8:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the option of ACL. ACL would be the best option for you in this case. You can refer SAP Help to understand more about this.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gokul,

i have activated ACL for my projects,to test it i have created a WBS :

Proj definition : A

level 1 WBSE : A

level 2 WBSE: A.1

level 2 WBSE : A.2

Network is assigned to WBSE 'A' , one activity is assigned to wbse 'A.1' and another activity to wbse 'A.2'.

Now i created two users X and Y, i want to give user X with read only permission for WBSE A and its assigned activity. So, to do this i clicked WBSE A and go to ACL tab where i created a new line :

Authorization group: 1(user)

Auth. Obj. type: X

Auth. type : 2(Read)

Inherit ACL: checkbox ticked

But, when i am opening the same project with user id X and clicking any wbse or activity system gives a message :

No authorization for display WBSE

No authorization for display activity.

But, my requirement is to restrict the user X to change wbse A and its assigned activity.

Please suggest me if am doing something wrong.

Thanks

Please help.

Edited by: SAP PS on Dec 14, 2011 8:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - you first check for ACL option as suggested earlier.

Also I still beleive that you can use some field in Network Activity then for this field you have to create Authorisation object (take help from Basis/Authroisation team) and depeneding upon that you can play with authorisation very well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to sit with your BASIS team and identify the various objects associated with the activities. These objects can then be used to control authorization on activities.

One example that we used in one of our projects was to control the authorization via work centers. You could assign work centers to the appropriate activities and give the authorization to individuals according to your requirement. The problem with this scenario could be how to map the work-centers with your authorization matrix (i.e. whether they are departmental or individual authorizations).

Please note that this is just a suggestion, you will be able to explore more options with your BASIS team.

Regards,

Ammar