cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender Communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two XI machines; the second one is a copy of the first one. Everything is working in the second one, except the RFC as sender communication.

I have a T connexion that seems to be ok, and I have imported again the RFC functions to the second XI machine, and refresh everything, but still does nothing happens when executing the RFC call...

Does someone know what could I do to make it work? Or something I could try?

Regards, and thank you very much!!

Isabelle Garcia.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isabelle,

1. In R/3 SM59, you need to create a TCP/IP RFC Destination with R/3 hostname and gateway port (it appears to be strange, but it's like that, because R/3's RFC will need to connect to R/3's message server, which is actually "permanently" connected to XI). You don't need to inform anything about XI in your RFC Destination. Just make sure that your TCP/IP is of registered type and that its Program ID is properly referenced in Sender RFC Adapter in XI.

2. I'm not sure, but I think the problem is that, for each Program ID in a System, you can have only one client application connected to it. In your scenario, you want a single RFC Destination to connect to both XI's. This seems wrong, in my opinion, since the RFC Destination won't know what is the destination it really wants (XI1 or XI2). So, in my opinion, XI2 will only work if XI1 is inactive. Try that, put XI1's sender rfc adapter on inactive mode, and test R/3's rfc again, to see if it triggers XI2.

Regards,

Henrique.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've just talked to a friend which is a senior XI consultant about your problem. He's told me that when in cluster, only one of the XI's will connect to the R/3, as I've told before. The thing is that he said that only the last system to log is the one actually connected, and not the first one, as I'd told. So, if XI1 is connected and XI2 is restarted, when it comes back it'll be the one which will be connected. It's strange... But since you only need to guarantee that there is always a receiving system (no matter if it's XI1 or XI2), it works OK.

Regards,

Henrique

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Henrique,

Great info..!!

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thank you very much, but I think this is not my problem...

I have tried to connect R/3 with XI system 1, and I can see in SMGW that I have two entries the first one with tp.sist: REGISTER_TP, and the second one with NORMAL_CLIENT. But when doing the same between R/3 and XI system 2, I just get the first one. It seems no connection is possible, although when testing the T connection everything seems to be ok.

Does this have any sense to you?

Thank you very much!!

Isabelle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I get olse the second one, NOLMAL_CLIENT... but stil does not work.

I do not know, perhaps has something to do with the sld comfiguration. No idea.

Please, if you have any idea, tell me.

Thanks a lot,

Isabelle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have seen in tcode SM58 the following error message:

Commit fault:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: lookup

I have created a new scenario, but still does not work.

Ideas?

Regards, thanks!

Isabelle.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to disable XI1 and XI2 didn't work?

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Yes, I disable XI1, but still it does not work.

I can see in SM59 the following error message:

Commit fault:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: lookup

I have read that this have something to do with a bad Sender Agreement definition, but still can not see where the error is...

Thank you very much for your help!

Isabelle

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your R3 system while creating the TCP IP connection for the RFC adapter, you would have given the gateway host and service details pointing to your XI system. Did you change it to the new system?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Regards,

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to create the channel

as per my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have it.

I have origin system A and it works against XI system 1.

Now I am trying to make it work against XI system 2.

This system 2 is a copy of system 1, and everything, except RFC sender works here now.

If the origin system is the same, application server and appl. server service are the same, no? and the only thing I have to change is the program id, no? I have an T conexion, and when the program id is the one I have in the XI system 1, it works. But if I write the program id that I have in system Xi 2, it doesn´t, or al lest no messages are...

Do I need any RFC conexion (type 3) in R/3 or in XI system?

Regards!

Isabelle.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The gateway host and service are details you take from Transaction SMGW in your XI box. Just log on to SMGW in your new XI box and check the gateway service and host values are the same.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you give correct host name and the gateway, try doing a test connection in SM59 is that going fine. Also check in your Sender RFC CC if the Gateway, host and program id matching with the sm59 comfig of the sender system

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Yes, I am giving the correct host and gateway names... they match (for XI 1 and XI 2 are the same), and the connection is ok... I think, when pushing "try conexion" button, I do not get any error message, this means that it is ok, no? Should I be able to see the conexion in SMGW?

Is there any way of knowing in the communication what is going wrong?

I call the function:

call function 'function_name'

in background task destination dest

and dest is the name of the TCP IP conexion.

I see that I am not getting any new message in XI, but nothing else.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Isabelle.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at the adapter monitoring in XI2 and see the status of the RFC adapter.

Also, change the program id in the TCP ip connection to some new value and then use that value in the RFC adapter in XI2 and see if it works..

If all details in XI1 and XI2 are the same, am wondering how the R3 system will differentiate between the 2 systems and send data to the correct XI installation?

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was asking to check if your host, gateway and the program ID of RFC destination and the XI new server are matching. If it is matching with both XI system then check if you are receiving the message in ur XI old system.

Try this

1. Change the program ID in RFC sender communication channel of new XI

2. Change the program ID in the RFC destination with the same name that you have given in RFC sender

3. DO a test connection see if it is successful

Thanks,

Prakash

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope all your RFC destination, gateway are configured fine. Please post what the error/problem you are facing. So that we can help you better.

Thanks,

Prakash