cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking tcodes for a particular Login Id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I need to track the list of transactions used by a particular Login Id. Eg:-I have given authorization of 100 transactions in a particular Login Id i need to know that after 1 or 2 days how many transactions that particular user has used.

Is there any other tcodes other that SM19 and SM20? Also can I get their IP address or terminal through which the user has Logged in.

Thanks & Regards,

RESHMA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think using STAT transaction should solve your problem to some extent (Gives information for some days) . T-Code STAT will show all the statistical logs with user-id and also terminal for them . There is a also a tool called RBE Tool (Reverse Business Engineering) that is free from SAP , which helps to track this information.

You can also try ST03N for transaction usage information .

Hope it helps...

Vikas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

I hope you don't mind the reply but I saw your post today and wanted to reply. I am Marketing Manager at the software company IntelliCorp. Our LiveCompare software can track transactions used by a particular Login Id or role. If you want to take a look, please do so at our website www.intellicorp.com or you can find us on EcoHub - we have some great reviews.

http://ecohub.sap.com/catalog/#!solution:LiveCompare

LiveCompare can also be used for security impact analysis, analysis of SAP configuration and to check against governance, risk and compliance best practice, highlighting issues before they become significant.

Feel free to send me a message or take a look at the website for further info.

Kind regards,

Emma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using GRC. There's a nice report. Check note 1593056:

... It may be that the role really doesn't need one of the transactions in conflict. If that's the case, removing the transaction is the easiest way to remediation the risk. In RAR, there is a report called "Action Usage by Role and Profile" under Informer - Security

Reports - Miscellaneous. The Alert job has to be enabled for this report to work, but if it has been enabled, this is a very useful report to determine if certain transactions are even used in certain roles. This is a way to help identify transactions that could possibly be removed....

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

When I executed STAT tcode there is no such transaction. Can you tell me more about SM19 and SM20 transaction?

Because i feel only these 2 tcodes are feasible enough to give me proper results.

But I dont get any results about the terminal.

Can u help me out?

Regards,

RESHMA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We can configure and activate the Security Audit Log (SM19) and then analyze its entries through SM20. If you have Auditing turned on (SM19), you can query the logs via SM20 . In order to use SM20 you need to configure it using SM19 first.

If you use ST03N, you can do queries by date and sort by tcodes also. Its difficult to use this information somewhere however you can still display it there. Just a update STAT Transaction does not work on ECC5 and ECC6 Please try STAD.

Procedure to user ST03N :

Use ST03N and go to the expert mode. At the left you see Workload and in this folder you see the various instances and a Total. Underneath each you see Day (with the days of this week), Week (with the weeks of this month) and Month (with some months). Choose the period you want to see by double-clicking on it. In the window left below you will see: 'Analysis overview' Double clicking on 'Transaction profile' will give you a list of used transaction. And again double clicking on a transaction will show you the users. The reverse can be found by double clicking on 'User and settlement statistics', now you will get a list of users and double clicking on a user will show you the transactions he/she used. If your system uses more than one application server, the system shows you the statistics per server.

Let me for any further clarification . I will be glad to help .

Vikas

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Reshma,

You have a few options here. The details in ST03N will fit your requirements. The intellicorp product is also very good. Within GRC you have also got tyhe options of defining the use cases in SPM and then using the in-built log reports to find the content.

In the Risk Analysis component, you also now have the execution stats at transaction level where they are noted in a risk violation. This doesn't give terminal details etc but does assist to say when it was last executed and how many times it has been executed.

Simon