cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SAP with Lotus Notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends:

How are you all doing? I have a query for you all.

<b><u>Background:</u></b>

I have a very customer who is currently running on SAP 4.7 Enterprise Edition Version 2. They have Lotus Notes Verison 6.5 Version in place.

<u><b>Business Case:</b></u>

When an employee applies for a leave, his manager should get this notification in to his LOTUS NOTES Inbox.

Right now employee's manager has to logon in SAP to check the same. So the basic requirement is to integrate SAP inbox with the LOTUS NOTES Inbox so that person can get notification of SAP workitem (leave request) in Lotus notes without having to logon to SAP.

<b><u>Challenges:</u></b>

1) Customer does not want to upgrade to NetWeaver hence XI will be a expensive solution to accompilish the task.

2) There are third party adapters engines available through which integration can be done at the lowest possible efforts but we are not considering this option.

3) If we upgrade Lotus notes to the version such 7.0, plug-in is inbuilt but we are also not considering this particular option.

<b><i>NOTE:</i></b> We are looking at the cheapest possible option.

<u><b>Request for:</b></u>

Please let me know can it be done using ABAP language. If yes, please send me the link so that i could refer to the alternative.

Early response will be highly appreciated.

<b><i>With Best Regards

Amit Bansal.</i></b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Can u please tel me in detail, for this sap workflow - lotusnotes integration because we have same requrement at one of my client side.

and its for leave request, trip request and travel request.

they are using ITS to fill the request.they also dnt want to execute the workflow from SAP inbox.they want a link in their lotus notes mail, on clicking there a ITS screen will come from where they can approve or reject the request.

Please reply ASAP as we have very less time to do that.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Can u please tel me in detail, for this sap workflow - lotusnotes integration because we have same requrement at one of my client side.

and its for leave request, trip request and travel request.

they are using ITS to fill the request.they also dnt want to execute the workflow from SAP inbox.they want a link in their lotus notes mail, on clicking there a ITS screen will come from where they can approve or reject the request.

Please reply ASAP as we have very less time to do that.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not set up a workflow to send an e-mail to the manager's LOTUS NOTES inbox when a leave request is applied for.

You do not need to XI to perform this simple task.

Kind regards

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin:

Thanks for your input. Can you please highlight it more preciously. If you have some document on this, please share it.

Thanks

Amit Bansal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please go through this thread to know more about "workflow" that Colin suggested...

Regards,

Abhy