cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to control errors in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

We are developing a quite complicated BPM. We need to controle errors in File Adapter, just in case the comunication channel cannot write/read (for example with a wrong FTP account). In case of error we need to send an email. So we are trying to develop a module in the file adapter. We are not sure about behaviour of the BPM if one of the steps have an error. I mean the execution of the module will continue the BPM in case of error in the file adapter?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Noelia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would configure an alert in the Runtime Workbench to cover this error - you would not need to do this in BPM.

However, if you wanted to do this in BPM , on the exception branch of the send step you would send an alert (Throw Alert) and this would send an e-mail via SAPConnect if the necessary recipients had been set up to receive alerts.

Does this help ?

Cheers

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

many thanks for all your answers.

I have to comunicate the errors in a BPM development, to an External monitoring tool. This is enought if I just execute a command or writing a file. I don´t konw how to do it. Some expert told us that we can do it using CCMS, But i don´t understad how. Is there any one who can give me an explanation?

Many thanks

Regards

Noelia

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Noelia,

CCMS is SAP Computing Center Management System. RWB is smoothly integrated with CCMS and CCMS alerts can be viewed thro' the Runtime WorkBench.

First configure CCMS in XI System:-

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i

For Monitoring in the CCMS:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4d/6272376d3bfa2be10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Go thro' this link for configuration scenario:-

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at this blog by Michal.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

<i>We need to controle errors in File Adapter, just in case the comunication channel cannot write/read (for example with a wrong FTP account). In case of error we need to send an email.</i>

You might also consider using XI alerts ( both with and without BPM ) to handle this requirement.

Regards,

bhavesh