cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps For edi inbound testing for 850 and 856

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Could you kindly explain to me all the steps involved in testing for inbound Purchase orders 850 through EDI , and all the transaction codes that need to be maintained .

I UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS FLOW , BUT UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT KNOW THE TECHNICAL steps that need to be performed to test the data .

The scenario is there are purchase orders coming in through EDI and i need to test it for any irregularities , can you kindly help me on how to go about this. right from how to look for the sales order and the corresponding idoc number and henceforth.Thank you.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Could you kindly explain to me all the steps involved in testing for inbound Purchase orders 850 through EDI , and all the transaction codes that need to be maintained .

This is depending on the configuration settings.

1. First you can take all the signals and dump in a folder then later you can take those files and execute.

2. Directly execute the scenario.

If you are using first process then Take that file and execute the scenario. Based on the mapping spec check the results, if all fields are comming correctly then fine.

If you are following the second process take the payload from sxmb_moni then check the results.

To know the scenario is successfully executed and send data to ECC then we need to check other transactions in PI, those are Queues (smq1 & smq2), sm58 apart from sxmb_moni.

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Ramesh , However that is not my problem . Let me explain exactly what the problem is so that you can understand it better ( pardon me for not explaining it previously)

I have a bunch of PO 'S coming through EDI from customers , these Po's are processed and the idoc are created - this is where my job starts. I am supposed to check how many idocs were not processed and if they didnt get processed what is the reason they didnt get processed.

I find out the idoc no - with se16n or bd87

can you help me to actually find a way to export all the errors which are there with the idocs that were not processed?

Regards,