Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting HR Tables fields via auth object?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Happy Holiday's everyone!

We have a custom tcode for Pricing Admin report which currenltly only has S_Tcode for an auth obj. It was combined in a role that we removed the HR authorization from and apparently these were interdependent but undocumented. Now the pricing transacation no longer functions.

Instead of just adding back the missing HR authorizations back into the custom Tcode I'm being asked if we can restrict PA00002 (the table being called in the program) to first name, last name and personnel number fields. Is there an authorization object that will let me restrict in this manner or do I need send this back to the developers to write in the code?

Or can I restict to these fields via authorization groups (something we are looking into implementing more next year).

Thanks

Kris Wise

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is a bad omen for the next year...

Try to change the code this year still to deliver only the fields you want from the infotype or go for an "existence check" which no authorization requirements as that is what you seem to be wanting.

Being custom code, you should post the problematic part to discuss a solution.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to restrict a part of IT0002 through Authorization Objects, neither with the concept of Authorization groups.

The only way you can do it is through creation of a new screen element for IT0002 and using that in your ABAP Program. This is not Security's cup of tea.

Thanks, Deb

0 Kudos

the program developer tied a customer table to the HR table. solution looks to be to run this as a batch job and send to customer short term and decide if short term continues as long term or we redevelop program.

Thanks everyone! I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday.

K Wise

0 Kudos

Sounds like the original spec of the BW, except they called them extractors and infocubes..