Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java or adobe for existing ABAP dynpro SRM 7.0

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a SRM/MM functional consultent with limited UI interface knowledge. Currently I am working in SRM 7.0 project. As you know SRM 7.0 UI build on Web dynpro ABAP Floor plan manager and web dynpro ABAP UI has many limitation. My client don't like ABAP web dynpro screen, hence we are planing to build some customer specific UI either in Java or adobe technology to meet the client's requirement. Past few weeks I have done some research on SAP UI technology and reach in following technology. I will appreciate if you can throgh some light in my following finding:

1. Adobe flex: ABAP web dynpro can easily integrated with Adobe flex. As SRM 7.0 UI is in web dynpro ABAP, so we can build the new UI in adobe flex and integrate to the existing web dynpro. Since the business logic is alreay present in the existing web dynpro, we can save time on writing the business logic.

2. Web Dynpro Java: This may take long time compare to Adobe flex development. We need to write the business logic.

Also please let me know if there is any other alternative or any other technology with which I can achive the abouve requirement with less effort and time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

jennifer

Edited by: Jennifer Batty on Dec 12, 2011 5:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

request to pls respond.

Thanks,

Jennyfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to improve the usability of your screens and want to do it without too much development effort.

I would suggest build the new UI in adobe flex and integrating it to the existing web dynpro would be much faster and easier than any other alternative.

Best Regards,

Tarun

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tarun.

BR,

Jennifer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jennifer,

We built a new UI for SRM7 and we used Adobe Flex. The UI is actually a product now and is available for customers. It is fully integrated and provides a very attractive and easy to use experience for the user. Please let me know if you have any interest in learning more about the UI.

You can view some demos using the URL below....

http://simplifying-it.net/demos.htm

Thanks,

Mark