SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to update student personal data from business partner data

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

our customer uses SAP CRM to maintain all business partners inclusive students. business partners with role student become created in SAP ERP (SLCM) and changes of business partner data are synchronised by business partner replication through PI.

Once in a while there are changes of personal data in the business partner (wrong birth date was entered and become corrected, last name or sex changes) which are well replicated into the business partner in SLCM but the changes are not reflected in Student file hence in student personal data infotype 1702.

Which is the correct place (function module, BAdI) to update infotype 1702 upon change of personal data through bupa replication?

I tried in IMG cross-applcation comp -> SAP Business Partner -> Data Distribution -> Activate function modules but I neither know which is the correct event to use nor if this is the correct place to plug in at all.

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Dirk Pape

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following BAPI can be used to update 1702 (personal detail) infotype :

BAPI_STUDENT_CHANGE3

Regards,

Jigar Oza

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following BAPI can be used to update 1702 (personal detail) infotype :

BAPI_STUDENT_CHANGE3

Regards,

Jigar Oza

0 Kudos

Thanks Jigar,

I already knew this BADI. My question is to identify how to hook into the BUPA-replication scenario to find an appropriate place to call this BADI.

I want this change to take place instantly, triggered by the update of the bp-data.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos

Dirk,

Did you try BADI "Partner_update" ? I will say implement that badi and use function module "BUPA_GENERAL_CALLBACK" to get student's general information.

Thanks,

Prabhat Singh.