Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mopz not working for ECC 6.04

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a solution ERP that contains SAP ERP 6.0 and EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0.

When I start the mopz, it shows my 3 systems for 'EHP4 FOR ERP 6.0' and no system

for ERP 6.0.

I have assigned my systems to both logical component as documented in Note 1505281.

I can not continue with ERP 6.0 as there is no system selectable.

If I continue with 'EHP4 FOR ERP 6.0', it says:

Please assign ERP 6.0 to the Maintenance Optimizer transaction!

How can I generate the mopz for my solution?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure that in SMSY, you should assign product version as ERP 6.0.

Thanks

Sunny

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

> Please make sure that in SMSY, you should assign product version as ERP 6.0.

It is done:

smsy

-> Systems

-> SAP ERP

-> DEV

-> Header Data

-> EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01 : Active

SAP ERP 6.0 : Active (with warning Product version is inconsistent with sfw component)

Regards,

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a new Solution named Mopz.

solution_manager

-> Create

Name : Mopz

Language: EN

-> Select Mopz -> Solution Landscape -> Landscape Maintenance -> Edit

I have Added the following.

Logical Component: SAP ERP ECC SERVER

Product [Main instance]: SAP ERP [SAP ECC Server]

Product Version: SAP ERP 6.0

But I can not fill my systems (eg PRD:200 in Production system).

Thanks in advance for your help.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Have you added PRD:200 to the logical component created? Is good to name your custom logical component with Z*

Once done, go to your solution landscape, inset the logical component created and click on PRD:200 - add in solution if it hasn't.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Edited by: Nicholas Chang on Dec 13, 2011 9:14 PM

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>

> Have you added PRD:200 to the logical component created? Is good to name your custom logical component with Z*

>

> Once done, go to your solution landscape, inset the logical component created and click on PRD:200 - add in solution if it hasn't.

>

> Thanks,

> Nicholas Chang

>

> Edited by: Nicholas Chang on Dec 13, 2011 9:14 PM

Hello,

Could you please tell me the sequence to check/insert PRD:200 to the logical component?

Thanks in advance for your help.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to Logical Component: SAP ERP ECC SERVER - > right click on the ECC server -> create -> name your logical component as ZECC for example. Then to go to newly created ZECC, click on edit button (make sure you on change mode) -> insert your SID and save.

Now go to your solution landscape, click on edit button -> insert your ZECC logical component and you'll see your SID:CLNT, right click on it, and select add into solution. Save.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> go to Logical Component: SAP ERP ECC SERVER - > right click on the ECC server -> create -> name your logical component as ZECC for example. Then to go to newly created ZECC, click on edit button (make sure you on change mode) -> insert your SID and save.

>

> Now go to your solution landscape, click on edit button -> insert your ZECC logical component and you'll see your SID:CLNT, right click on it, and select add into solution. Save.

>

> Thanks,

> Nicholas Chang

Hello Nicolas,

Why do you want me to create ZECC as SAP ERP ECC Server logical component exists?

When I choose it and try to add PRD:200 I have

"No system found for this product/main instance"

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is a good practice to create a customize component/ etc starting with Z*** and ease for identification purpose and more organized.

You should create under SAP ERP and ensure Product = SAP ERP, Product Version = SAP ERP 6.0 and Prod.Instance = SAP ECC Server.

Apart from that, your PRD should assign to SAP ERP -> SAP ECC Server in Landscape Component.

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> Is a good practice to create a customize component/ etc starting with Z*** and ease for identification purpose and more organized.

>

> You should create under SAP ERP and ensure Product = SAP ERP, Product Version = SAP ERP 6.0 and Prod.Instance = SAP ECC Server.

>

> Apart from that, your PRD should assign to SAP ERP -> SAP ECC Server in Landscape Component.

Ok I have performed it this way and it seems to work.

I have one more question because there is no need to perform EWA several times for the same system.

How do I disable EWA for all this systems in my Mopz solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Solman 7.01 use tx. solution_manager

Select the corresponding solution. Operations Setup-> Solution Monitoring -> EarlyWatch Alert -> Setup EarlyWatch Alert

There you'll be able to inactivate EWAs.

Cheers,

Diego.

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one more question.

Why do I have the following warning attached to my systems, after affecting SAP ERP 6.0?

Warning=Product version is inconsistent with sfw component

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the solution manager release ?

See if this note is applicable to your case - Note 1224556 - SMSY:Product version is inconsistent with software component

Try to search more on OSS

Thanks

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the solution manager release ?

>

> See if this note is applicable to your case - Note 1224556 - SMSY:Product version is inconsistent with software component

> Try to search more on OSS

>

>

> Thanks

Ok, I will try to implement this not or SP

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two more questions because I have never perofrmed mopz in the past.

In my previous systems (ECC5.0), I downloaded the SAR and then applied them with spam.

With the mopz, I am going to download the sar files and then apply them with spam.

1. As the Solman finds out the packages levels,

what is the purpose of Status of implementation in Phase 4 (implementation)?

The SSM learns the versions on its own. This is why I do not understand why I have to change this.

I took ADM325 course last year in Paris. The teacher told us that download manager is not used anymore.

As far as I can see, with the mopz, you still need to download with Download Manager.

2. Would you know the other tools that I can use to fill my EPS/in directory?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Benoît

I advice you to read the documentation. In particular here: https://service.sap.com/solman-mopz you'll be able to find nice articles.

There are also a lot of articles in SDN, SAP support portal and the corresponding SAP Library.

Regarding the download check this:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10eadc44-f2c3-2d10-f4a9-df6324d6a82a

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000427392011E

Cheers,

Diego.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

I close the thread as it is fixed.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check once that the ERP system you have defined in SOLMAN SMSY->Product system, Is the ECC server is selected as relevant or not.

Select the relevant instances there and then in logical component assign the system and then you will be able to see the system in Solution and MOPZ.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sunny

benoit-schmid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> Just check once that the ERP system you have defined in SOLMAN SMSY->Product system, Is the ECC server is selected as relevant or not.

>

> Select the relevant instances there and then in logical component assign the system and then you will be able to see the system in Solution and MOPZ.

>

> Hope it helps.

>

> Regards,

> Sunny

Hello,

smsy -> Landscape component -> system -> SAP ERP -> DEV -> Header Data ->

SAP ERP 6.0 : Active (with warning Product version is inconsistent with sfw component)

Therefore it should be marked as relevant.

Regards,