Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What r all the Impacts When i move Windows Version of EP 6.0 to

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can You explain me what are all the Impacts i can phase when shifting to

SAP Portal 6.0 on windows version to Aix Version.

Question Is:

Right now i installed SAP EP 6.0 SP3 on windows Version. Lateron i mean

in the mid of 2005 , i just want to move to SAP EP 6.0 SP4 on AIX

Version. During this what r all the Impacts i can phase During

Installations and any Upgradations or anything. Is there any data loss?

Can you explain me about this.

Thx in Advance.

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

in general NetWeaver is platform independent (what was not the case for the portal for a long time). Once you are on Web AS 6.40 there should be no large impact on changing the platform of any component and surely no data loss at all.

Hope some portal colleague comes along to tell you more details.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

I heard that if i install SAP EP 6.0 on Windows and wants to shift to UNIX(AIX), there is no migration for platform to platform. Definetly again i need to re install the AIX version right?

Let me know ASAP Please.

thx

PRadeep

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no tool available.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

I know that there is no tool for that. I'm asking what r impacts can araise on this issue.

thx

Pradeep

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I know that some of my colleagues have copied portals successfully manually. Unfortunately I don't know the details as I'm not in the portal. In future there definitely will be a system copy as not only you founbd this annoying. But I cannot tell you details yet.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny

Finally i got the information: these r all the impacts can arise.

1. There is no Solution available from SAP for Portal migration from Windows to Unix.

(But Technically export-import of IViews(Portal Terminology)should be faithful since the NetWeaver Platform is supposed to create platform independent file formats)

2. LDAP for Portal authentication migration of KM(Knowledge Management) Content will require some amount of manual re-work., There is however one dark area-Which is 'byte' representation on two operating systems. this has to be tested tough. it may create Problems for PCD(Portal Content Directory)data migration.

Thx & Rgds

PRadeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep ... It has been awhile, but I would like to know the final outcome of your migration. Were you successful? Did you encounter the data migration problems noted for LDAP (#2 in previous message)?

Also, do you have any new, relevant information?

Thanks,

Dan