cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference btw Loading repository through Load immediate and Update Indices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have gone through forums regarding the loading of repository which has two options

1. Load Immediate.

2. Update Indices.

i have and understanding that when the data changes takes place through MDM Client that is the data manager we can select Load immediate to update the contents that are not synchronous with the Table.

and when the changes have occurred because of console we have to select the Update Indices to update the contents in the Table

I have carried data modelling (created a field ) through console and selected "Load Immediate" now as per my understanding the contents should not be updated as i have not selected the "Update Indices" option. but i can see the new fields in data manager. where am i going wrong

Please let me know if my understanding is wrong on the above topic.

Thanks and regards,

Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Load immediate will not update all the accelerators files which are used for indexing to make the data access faster.

update indices will update all of these files. so the only difference is ur repository access will be little slow if u modify the structure and use load immediate option.

you can see yourself when the files are getting updated.

these accelerators files have extension .acl and location on the server is .

Program Files\SAP MDM <version>\Server\Accelerators

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet singh,

Thankyou Very much. this clears my query.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Choice whether to load the repository immediately or to update indices first.

When you choose Immediate, MDM automatically updates indices that it knows to be out of date as a result of changes you make to the MDM repository data through MDM Data Manager. However, when the structure of the repository has been modified through MDM Console, MDM cannot know precisely which indices need to be updated. In these cases, you should choose Update Indices rather than Immediate when you load the repository.

taken from MDM Console Guide Pg48.

Regards,

Abhishek