cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal key for a data model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As per our requirement , we need to create data model called Status. When a new status is being created , a field called internal ID in our data model should be filled automatically. I have seen one option called internal key assignment. Can I use this option? What exactly does this internal key assignment do? I have gone through SAP help , but I am little confused. Could some one please help me?

Regards,

Raghu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

[Internal Key assignmnet|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40155eaa-6437-2e10-afbc-de54b31329d9?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Have a look at the mentioned document, and let us know if this fulfill's the requirement,

If you are look for MDM Auto ID, well this increments automatically for every new record added in the MDM Repository.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

For internal key assignment, Customize in General Settings-> Data Modeling-> Define Prefixes for Internal Key Assignment .

Example: If you create new entries with the following values, all temporary IDs are prefixed with $ and an internal sequence number.

Data Model: MM

Entity Type: MATERIAL

Prefix: $

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for the prompt replies. Actually I was referring to a MDG data model.. Probably I would have to rephrase the question.. I created a data model for status. The requirement is to have a field Internal ID in generated database tables and this field should be filled automatically.I have seen the option Internal key assignment in the MDG customizing , but some how I am not clear about the procedure. Could any one help me in resolving this?

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Status is going to be part of the main table or sub table?

MDM Auto ID can be used if a new record is added on the main table or a sub table

Regards,

Antony